Light-O-Rama Forums

What could cause lights to act differently when controlled from Sequencer vs Show?

Jay Czerwinski

I only have 1 CCR and its probably a 1st gen type. When S5 came out, I quickly found out that the CCR would not run via a standard network when it worked just fine under S4. It now requires an "enhanced" network to operate. Doing so, it works perfectly.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:52 AM, k6ccc said:

What are the network configurations (speed, enhanced, etc).  I gather that you have you have two networks.  Is it all the lights on none network?

Sorry I did not respond to this sooner.   I have three networks with the info shown above in a later post.   The enhanced network question has me interested.  Upon looking up my network configuration, that option is grayed out.   I did a first look in help and did not find how I do enhanced network.     I have some reservation on an enhanced network since a lot of my equipment is older.     Feel free to expand on how the enhanced network or other item might be my issue and how I can attempt to try changes.  

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

An enhanced network (ELOR) requires a Pro License and your profile shows a Advanced License, is that correct?

That is correct "Advanced" and probably why I can't select the enhanced option.    I'll have to look in to the "Pro"  benefits, costs and requirements of an enhanced network.     Feel free to chime in with opinions on why I should upgrade to Pro.   

Enhanced networks are a must for the Pixon16 controller and highly recommended for all the Pixie controllers. If you are going to get into pixels then you should really just bite the bullet and go Pro. It's not that expensive and you would not have to upgrade ever again.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If you are going to get into pixels then you should really just bite the bullet and go Pro.

100% agreed.

28 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It's not that expensive and you would not have to upgrade ever again.

Unless LOR adds a newer higher level license.  Advanced use to be the top end license until they added the Pro a few years ago.

However, don't let that hold you back.  Get the Pro...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

That is correct "Advanced" and probably why I can't select the enhanced option.    I'll have to look in to the "Pro"  benefits, costs and requirements of an enhanced network.     Feel free to chime in with opinions on why I should upgrade to Pro.   

It is also a must for all pixies. 

Without that you get no lights.

Also firmware update 1.05 has a lot of fixes, it is required thought to have 4.3.34 or higher to use 1.05 update. I cant see you software version.

During Beta for the pixie16 it was noted in the manual (once they wrote it) that pixie16's must have Enhanced NW and that was true. Sometime during a manual update it was changed to recommended. Im not sure why, if typo O or something but a pixie16 has never worked with all the hundreds of people I have helped without "enhanced NW".

Also discovered was for setting up the pixie16 a black adapter was fine but for a show it would not comm well if at all.

JR

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, k6ccc said:

100% agreed.

Unless LOR adds a newer higher level license.  Advanced use to be the top end license until they added the Pro a few years ago.

However, don't let that hold you back.  Get the Pro...

Jim, didn't you get the memo? 

LOR is coming out with the SUPER PRO license in 2021!   Newest version and license now supports sequencing just by telling the software what props you have, type of lights, what controllers and all you do is speak the name of the song and artist into the software and the sequence is completed 100% for you with every RGB Smart pixel/node/bulb sequenced just as you stated it should be via any of the wizards which are all going to be vocally controlled and set by the end user.   And this has NOTHING to do with the SuperStar software add-on, as now everything is combined in one package deal.  Cost: TBD {To Be Determined}.

Scroll down for addition information...

Sorry folks, just kidding.  This was a GOTCHA moment!🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Orville

I thought the new license would allow you to operate everything through Alexa or Google Assistant?

Alexa, start my show.

Edited by Mr. P

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Alexa, start my show.

Actually for my opening night this year, that is exactly what I am going to do...

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I thought the new license would allow you to operate everything through Alexa or Google Assistant?

Alexa, start my show.

That was supposed to be a secret and an added bonus when you got the new license/software version upgrades.:ph34r:

Darn, now you've let the 🐱 out of the bag Mr. P!🤣

On 10/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jay Czerwinski said:

Simple.... you can’t use motion effects in advanced! Lol. 

Motion Effects are amazing when sequencing pixels. The best thing about S5 in my opinion  

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Alexa, start my show.

You forgot that the new license will also sequence of your lights for you automatically and comes with a team to install your lights for you as well. 

But Alexa is the best feature  

Alexa, start my show. 

10 hours ago, c7williams said:

Alexa, start my show. 

And when she starts your favorite TV show instead.............