Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2 - limited to 100 pixels per port?

lzimmerman

Trying to verify that there is a hardware limit on the Pixie2 that keeps it from driving more than 100 pixels per port. The controller of interest is running v1.04 of the firmware and I have tried in the hardware utility to set it the 108 pixels that I need for a prop. I added a little 8 pixel string onto the two 50 pixel strings that were already on that port and the 8 pixels will not light. I run my pixels at the 50% pixel light curve, so pretty confident I am not going to run out of power for 108 (especially with only 33 pixels on Port 2). However, may be beat if there is a hard limit.

Lee Z.

Problem solved thanks to TheDucks! It was actually a jumper (on JP5) that had to be removed to allow the Hardware Utility settings to override the factory settings. It's amazing the things that we learn from year to year and then forget when we actually need it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a preview and added more bulbs to a pixie 2 port.  It only allowed me to add 170 bulbs per port or max circuit 510, then carried over that others.  Since I don't like cutting bulbs stings, I'll max out at 150.  When I opened the channel level all 150 were there to program! 

• The topic was locked