Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Help with adding channels to sequence

sugarnspice10172@aol.com

Hoping someone can help me. I opened an old music sequence to convert into S5. When going through the conflicts I accidently deleted two channels from the music sequence. How do I re-insert those deleted two channels back into the sequence I'm re-programming? The channel I need appear in my main preview. Thanks

I've not used S5 enough to know it's ins and outs as yet. 

But I'd say you probably need to do a conversion of the original sequence back to S5, save it under a different filename {ex. "ChristmasJoy.xxx" to "ChristmasJoy-V2.xxx", and then copy your current work from the S5 sequence you created the first time and copy your updated work to the newest conversion.  Once completed, then delete the oldest S5 sequence.  

I'm not sure if you can just insert channels into an S5 sequence like you could with previous versions.  If it does, I haven't yet gotten that far in S5 to know how to do it.  But know I haven't been successful in doing it with the right mouse click that worked in the Pre-S5 versions.

Hoping to possibly move to S5 in, or by Mid January 2021, so just playing around with it on a 2nd computer to see if I can get somewhat of a good grasp on how it works before committing to changing over.  But currently still in S4 for my 2020 display.

A couple ways to do it.  But the easiest is just redo the conversion.  Open your S4 sequence again in S5 and do the conversion over again.  Don't delete the channels the second time.

I would create a fresh new prop in S5 of the channels you deleted and know they do not have a conflict.   Then I would do as Orville said and reimport S4 to a different S5 fil, followed by a cut and paste of the sequence in to your perfect version of S5.  

But - as Jim has demonstrated, there are several ways to do this.   Good luck!

Jay