Light-O-Rama Forums

S5.5.4 Not Installing Correctly

tikaice

I purchased Showtime Suite 5.5.4 Professional yesterday and it will not install correctly. I am getting many errors. When I run the installer it appears that it installs but upon running the LOR Sequencer it says since this is the first time running the program it runs the initial wizard. I choose the default recommended locations for data files that it suggest is c:\users\tikai\documents\Light-O-Rama and after clicking the finish button it then errors out and says "A problem occurred during the installation check: Could not find c:\users\tikai\documents\Light-O-Rama

It does not appear that the installer program is creating the folders and files it needs to run. I added the Light-O-Rama folder it says it is missing and then it keeps telling me it is missing other folders in which I have created and then it start saying it can't find xml files like the lorpreviewer.xml and others

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried running the installer as administrator and it still appears the installer/wizard is not creating the folders and config files.

I have tried running the superstar sequencer and upon exit it errors out saying it "Failed to save configuration or layout to file SSEdit.cfg

My windows machine is running the latest Windows 10 with all available updates installed.

Can someone please help with this?

Edited by tikaice
This Problem Has Been Resolved.

The problem had to do with Windows 10 and Windows Defender. Due to an issue with Windows 10 and a setting in the Virus & Threat Protection Settings, everything on the computer was set to Read Only. So when the installer ran it was not able to install certain things and even add folders. I tried running the installer in Administrator mode and that did not help. I uninstalled, rebooted and tried re-installing to no avail. That did not work. I went into file manager and tried changing the read only settings but that didn't fix it as it remained Read Only. I tried removing the Read Only parameter though the command line and that did not fix it either.

If you are having this kind of issue and are using Windows 10 then you need to go into the Virus & Threat Protection Settings and disable and turn off (Controlled Folder Access), once this is done then the installer will install everything correctly.

Another one somewhat related that can cause an issue is if you install it as administrator, and the user account that you will normally run from has specifically denied access to the administrator account, then it can cause similar problems.  Same thing if you are using a mapped network drive for the LOR files, but the administrator account does not have the same drive mappng.