Light-O-Rama Forums

Software issues!

RyanB123

Help! I had an issue with my software and had to re-download... now all my sequences are saved as Adobe pdf. How do I fix this !!  

I guess it depends on your version of Windows, I use Windows 7 and all I have to do is right click on the .lms file and then when the pop up box opens choose "Open with", and if LORSequenceEditor.exe isn't listed, select "Choose default program, go to where your main LOR Software directory is located on your system, select the LORSequenceEditor.exe file by clicking on it, select apply or ok.  The icon next to the .lms file should now be the SE files icon.

Now if you click on the .lms file after you have done this, any .lms file you click on will load into the LOR Sequence Editor.  You will also need to do this for animation {.las} files too.

But don't add any other file extensions except for ,lms or .las as some of the other files within the sequences directory are created from the initial save of the original .lms or .las file depending on your LOR settings.

At least this is how it is set up on my current system and how I keep the.pdf file reader from being the default software that would open my sequence files.   I don't know why the pdf file software tends to set the LOR files being opened by them, but when I updated my pdf reader, it defaulted to being the default program for my LOR Files, even though I never checked them or told the installer to use them.   But every time I update or upgrade the pdf software, I have to go an change this.  very annoying if I forget to do it and it reverts.   Just DO NOT SAVE any sequence file the pdf software opens, if you do that, it'll corrupt the sequence file {hope you have a .bak} backup sequence file if you accidentally do this to restore it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2020 at 4:52 PM, Don said:

They didn't save as PDF's. It would be that they are opening with PDF's. If you open the sequence from inside the sequence editor, then it will open.

You can change Default Windows programs here. https://mashtips.com/default-programs-windows-10/

Okay so I got them all to change to sequence editor files but now they will not open unless I open up sequence editor and select them from there. Is there a way to fix this?

38 minutes ago, RyanB123 said:

Okay so I got them all to change to sequence editor files but now they will not open unless I open up sequence editor and select them from there. Is there a way to fix this?

Yes

Right click on one of the LMS files.

Go to open with

Go to other apps

Yoi will scroll down a bit

find LOR

select ok

That should get you there

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Yes

Right click on one of the LMS files.

Go to open with

Go to other apps

Yoi will scroll down a bit

find LOR

select ok

That should get you there

JR

when I do that it shows sequence editor but says "open with install shield"

1 hour ago, RyanB123 said:

You have anti malware or something running

shut it all off while using LOR or at least for shows but it sounds like your anti malware has grabbed it

JR

On 10/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, RyanB123 said:

On some of the Windows Anti-Virus software, there is something you can do, however, once you do this, the anti-virus software wilol no longer scan any of the LOR software files you add to the anti-virus software as exceptions.

But that's what you'd have to to do, open the Windows anti-viral or defender software and find the area for software exceptions, here you would need to add in all your LOR files you wish to create exceptions for.  {I have all my files on the C:\LOR directory with sub-folders for audio, sequences, firmware updates, manuals, etc.  So I just add an exception to that folder and I no longer had any of the Windows Anti-virus software messing with or grabbing my LOR Files.    Now you CAN still can the LOR directory, but you would do it as a MANUAL SCAN to verify no files there have been corrupted or infected.

You may also need to do this where Windows installs the program files at, such as the \Light-O-Rama folder, so that the anti-virus/malware software doesn't stop the LOR software dead in its tracks.

Depending on what version of Windows, it's usually found in the C:\Program Files folder, but in some it might be in the \Program Files (x86} folder.

This is what I had to do to keep my LOR files from being opened by the incorrect software, as well as keeping my LOR Files and Software Suite from being stopped dead in its tracks by these type programs.

Good Luck!  {BTW: Remove any set scanning schedules too, if one starts when a show is operating, that'll cause you some issues as well!}