Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Reports

dibblejr

For the last 2 days S5 has crashed in me 4 times while creating custom props and right after placing 400 and 612 nodes in the custom grid placement and while naming the prop just before closing.

I did tell the system to send the report to LOR.

Has any one else experienced this?

This is one thing that did not happen in the previous version.

It would would hope that after the node placement in the grid and saving at least that portion the prop would have been saved. This does not appear to be the case.

Each time the file prop is gone.

Any known reason to why this is happening? 

Hard to get anything complete for Halloween.

JR

Hi JR,

Sorry to hear that you are losing some of your work.

I am the one who reviews those crash reports. In the report I just received, it looks like you had finished the custom layout and then opened the Motion Row Defaults screen when the crash occurred. Is that correct?

Matt

Yes, but that was only the last of the four attempts.

The first one I did everything in order. Of course I didn’t think the system would crash.

The second one I changed my order up a little and just as I was going to hit save (final step) the computer spinning thing started and the screen went white.

In that case the error report was hurried at the bottom of multiple layers for some reason. I had to use control/alt/ delete before I saw the error report.

I do not recall the third instance ( yesterday late afternoon early evening) but it was also on the final screen.

And then this time.

You should have all 4 error reports.

I have been intermittent internet issues but all of the reports appeared to get submitted.

JR

I have had LOR crash probably 7 or 8 times since upgrading Thursday. I have submitted the tickets through the software and also just submitted one through LOR website. Mine crashing when I am trying to change effects. This morning when it crashed I had text on my mega tree as the "Text" effect. I went to change it to "TextPE" and the software crashed. Never had this issue before I upgraded.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, dibblejr said:

I have no “edit “ button here so the word “hurried” above should be “buried”

JR

There is an edit button, but to access it, you now have to click that little block at the top of your post on the far right.  Once you click on it you can select Share, Report or Edit.  If you hover over it, it';; show a popup with "more options".

But that's where it is all at now.  It's no longer a button at the bottom under the post like it used to be.   And sometimes it might take a few seconds or so before it shows the popup box of options when you click on it.

But it's there.

Edited by Orville

6 hours ago, Orville said:

There is an edit button, but to access it, you now have to click that little block at the top of your post on the far right.  Once you click on it you can select Share, Report or Edit.  If you hover over it, it';; show a popup with "more options".

But that's where it is all at now.  It's no longer a button at the bottom under the post like it used to be.   And sometimes it might take a few seconds or so before it shows the popup box of options when you click on it.

But it's there.

It actually pops up on the screen now when things go wrong. No need to search.

Shows the error and asks if you would like to print it or send to LOR.

JR

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

It actually pops up on the screen now when things go wrong. No need to search.

Shows the error and asks if you would like to print it or send to LOR.

JR

Still no edit button here in the forums.

I became quite familiar with the report button in the last week.

I have given up adding new custom props until this can get figured out. Two hours times 4 attempts, not trying again. The first attempt was even longer since I was trying to decide where I wanted to place each node.

Well just found the edit button, top right but no word just a small box.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Edit Button Located

6 hours ago, Orville said:

But it's there.

Sorry I now realize you were referring to the "post" edit/ report button and not the S5 report button. Just realized this.

JR

14 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Sorry I now realize you were referring to the "post" edit/ report button and not the S5 report button. Just realized this.

JR

ROFL.  Yep, that's what I thought you were referring to in your post when you said there was no "edit button" on the "forum".   I wouldn't even think of your statement as referencing a software bug report to LOR.   Just another way the written word can create a bit of confusion when there are no diagrams or graphics to correlate what one may be referring to.