Light-O-Rama Forums

Which software

gc75067

Has been a while since I have been on the forums. This year I am ordered a RGB pixel tree kit and am hoping to integrate it into my current show with the traditional controllers.  Which software do I need? Will the LOR software support my other pixel hardware (Falcon, Holiday Coro stuff) if I have enough time to add those in too?

Firstly, it is very late to think about upgrading to S5 this year. Stay with S4 for now and consider S5 after the season. S5 is better for pixels in the long run.

Both S4 and S5 will support Falcon and any other E1.31  based controllers. Be advised though, that they are ethernet and not RS485 based and require separate networks.

LOR RS 485 via the LOR USB adaptor.

E1.31 via ethernet.

Mixing up the plugs may let the magic smoke out.

• Thanks 1

Hi Phil,

Currently on 4.1.2 advanced. Not sure if that is S4 or S5.  Do I need to update to Pro? If so, does upgrading to S5 change how I have my current show (traditional lights/ctb16) set up? If it only affects RGB then it shouldnt matter as I have not messed with any of that yet.  Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, gc75067 said:

Hi Phil,

Currently on 4.1.2 advanced. Not sure if that is S4 or S5.  Do I need to update to Pro? If so, does upgrading to S5 change how I have my current show (traditional lights/ctb16) set up? If it only affects RGB then it shouldnt matter as I have not messed with any of that yet.  Thoughts?

You are currently on S4 and as Phil stated you will want to wait to upgrade to S5 next year. S5 is completely different software with a large learning curve. You won't have enough time to learn it this year.

• Thanks 1

You don't have to go to pro to use pixels, BUT there are many features is Pro which make pixel sequencing much easier, particularly in S5, of which 5.5.4 is the latest version. 

If you have a second computer you can always download S5 and try it out for free. Who knows, maybe you are one of those geniuses who can pick it up pretty quick, I know I'm not. 😁

If you ordered the pixie pixel tree kit you will need to go PRO. Pro is the only option for the LOR Enhanced Network (ELOR).

Also you will need to upgrade your licence to at least 4.0 I believe. Stick with what you know this year and just upgrade to the latest 4 version

If you did order the pixie kit see my thread at the top of the General Hardware section in the forums for help. You can skip to the video.

Also--- hopefully you ordered the red HS adapter for the kit. It is often missed.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If you ordered the pixie pixel tree kit you will need to go PRO. Pro is the only option for the LOR Enhanced Network (ELOR).

Also you will need to upgrade your licence to at least 4.0 I believe. Stick with what you know this year and just upgrade to the latest 4 version

If you did order the pixie kit see my thread at the top of the General Hardware section in the forums for help. You can skip to the video.

Also--- hopefully you ordered the red HS adapter for the kit. It is often missed.

JR

doesnt look like there is a way to upgrade to PRO without going to S5. is that the case or am i missing it somewhere?

I am in the 4's licensing wise already.

will check out your thread, thank you!

didnt realize. thank for mentioning it. will get that ordered at same time as i update or change license.

You can download and install ANY version in the download page up to the version you are licensed for. I have S5 v 5.5.4, but I can run any lower version If I so choose. 

You cannot have both S4 and S6 on the same machine.