Light-O-Rama Forums

missing strings

mellow66

I am fairly new to this. I bought the pixel tree kit. I have made my sequence no problems there. I have run my sequence on my computer. No problems there. My problem is when I open the sequence up in the sequencer to play it on my tree I only have 12 strings playing. I went into the settings and made sure everything was set to 16 and it is. I have looked everywhere trying to find this one place that I have missed changing the setting on and just cant seem to find anything. It has now taken me longer to get the sequence to play on the tree than it did to create the sequence. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advanced

Sorry, I didn't think to put what all I have. Yes after actually doing a sequence in the demo, and not being able to move it from SS to the sequencer, I finally realized that I had to upgrade. Not I have the pro license with the full SS programming.

14 minutes ago, mellow66 said:

Sorry, I didn't think to put what all I have. Yes after actually doing a sequence in the demo, and not being able to move it from SS to the sequencer, I finally realized that I had to upgrade. Not I have the pro license with the full SS programming.

Sounds like you have a pixie8 or 16 and you attempted to manually configure it in your sequence. 

I have a tutorial on setting up pixie controllers and how to really test them without HU in the General Hardware section at the very top of the page. You can skip to the video. I know its S4 however S5 works on the same principal. ( i cant link it from here right now so maybe one of my friends here can)

Not knowing what sequence you have or if you purchased it, if it is a "locked" sequence you will have to use the same unit ID as the locked sequence.

I see you are in Oxford, about 1 hour away, an easy drive if you need help figuring how things work.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions or would like to exchange cell #'s for additional help.

JR

11 hours ago, mellow66 said:

To change your profile so that your current License Level and Software Version can be seen with your name, click on your icon next to your name at the top of the page, then click on Edit Profile, scroll down to where the LOR Software info is located and set your information.  Then scroll down and click on Save at the bottom right hand side of the screen.   Your updated version and license level will now show up under your name area on the forums.

That'll help folks know exactly what version and license level you have and make it easier to answer questions when you ask them.   Sometimes folks need more info, but knowing this also helps a lot so you get the correct answer and help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that responded. I was watching JR's video when it kinda hit me. I knew somewhere there was something that I did not change for 12 to 16. As usual, it was right in front of me. I didn't turn on the extender. Once turn on all of me strings began working. Thanks again.