Light-O-Rama Forums

Star for Megatree/Starbursts?

LaughsBrightly

This year I want to move from 48 to 128 channels. I want to put up a 10' megatree and some 6' or 8' starbursts and see they are quite expensive to purchase from Wowlights. I figure I can make them easy enough, but am not sure how to make stars and get them connected to the poles. I need 3 channel stars for LEDs as I'm solely using LOR AC controllers. I'm thinking 24" stars? Is there a good place to make stars or can someone give me some construction ideas?  

Edited by LaughsBrightly
added sizes

On 9/21/2020 at 9:56 AM, LaughsBrightly said:

This year I want to move from 48 to 128 channels. I want to put up a 10' megatree and some 6' or 8' starbursts and see they are quite expensive to purchase from Wowlights. I figure I can make them easy enough, but am not sure how to make stars and get them connected to the poles. I need 3 channel stars for LEDs as I'm solely using LOR AC controllers. I'm thinking 24" stars? Is there a good place to make stars or can someone give me some construction ideas?  

I've used 3G lighting stars, the 24" is perfect on top of my 24' mega tree, and I use 18" stars on my 12' tree's, even have a couple of they're 12" stars, good quality and workmanship. Here is a link. http://store.3glightingcreations.com/categories/Stars/

Keith

On 9/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, Kapkirk said:

I've used 3G lighting stars, the 24" is perfect on top of my 24' mega tree, and I use 18" stars on my 12' tree's, even have a couple of they're 12" stars, good quality and workmanship. Here is a link. http://store.3glightingcreations.com/categories/Stars/

Keith

Thanks Keith! I ordered an 18" from 3G Lighting Creations and will post with how it turns out. 

-Matt