Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a certain brand of mini LED that you like?

Sctiger

I have purchased quite a few of the mini 5mm LEDs from Creative Displays over the past few years. The plug says "Ting Shen TS 22" and they are supposed to be a better quality light. I certainly see a difference between Walmart brand lights. So far, so good. No real complaints. I was just wondering if there were more reasonably priced options out there.

The cheapest I can find on sale. After the Holidays I can find them for $2 a box so if I throw them away who cares. Just stay away from the Martha Stewart brand.

ALWAYS stay away from the Martha lights. They have been proven to cause fires with our controllers. I've had very good luck with strings I purchased for my megatrees from several years ago and all are still working just fine. I got them from a place called LEDGEN but not sure if they are still around or not. A lot of my strings have come from either BigLots or Target and surprisingly, most are still good. Yes, a few failures but considering the price, not a high failure rate so that's good. I've not had good luck with most all strings purchased from Sam's Club as the leads will rust and break off. Most of those work for one season and then fail. If you can afford them, get sealed ones. Read the reviews too.

When I first began, I was buying led strings from Ace Hardware after Christmas Sales..Basically BOGO.  They didn't last very long. Then I discovered long lasting, few fails, sealed full wave led lights from other vendors like holiday light express or christmas light emporium.  The sealed bulbs and the brighter led color due to the full wave are worth it to me, plus they fade so nicely.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out the sealed type. I definitely get buying the cheap ones on sale but I'm planning on using these on mini trees. That's a lot of wrapping and tie strapping to only last one year. Lol