Light-O-Rama Forums

Arch confusion

kingfish

Setting up rgb arches in vis looking at viz with two arches and I have box in center and I want no 1 pixel next to box is the arch on the left  a right or left no 1

new to pixel and confused

That is how my arches are laid out.  Six arches with each pair fed from an original CCP controller.  In my case, I wanted all six arches set so that as I viewed then, pixel 01 was on the left.  so the first string on each controller is reversed and the second string is normal.

In your case, it sounds like you have both strings in the normal setting so that pixel #1 is closest to the controller.  Therefore, the left string will be right to left and the right string will be left to right - in both cases as viewed by the audience.

Did the help?

Okey let me get this straight

pix 1.———pix 50–box pix 1——— pix 50. These are old style ccp 

Left.                             Right

correct ?

audiance view

Edited by kingfish

Your drawing reflects how I have my arches set up.

I don't understand what you mean by Left and Right in this case.

14 hours ago, kingfish said:

Okey let me get this straight

pix 1.———pix 50–box pix 1——— pix 50. These are old style ccp 

Left.                             Right

correct ?

audiance view

I have older CCB100D controllers, I have 2 trellis arches I set up.  If you DO NOT reverse the 1st strand of RGB nodes on Port 1, this is how the controller will see the direction of the Pixels {This is Normal mode}:

Pixel 50-----Pixel 1 ~ Controller ~ Pixel 1-----Pixel 50

Left                                                 Right

If you have reversed Port 1 {Left} and kept Port 2 Normal {Right} as per YOUR diagram, then you should be set correctly.

But if YOU HAVE NOT reversed Port 1, then the diagram I SUPPLIED is how the nodes will light up. 

Unless you connected the strand starting with Pixel 1 to the far left and where the end of the RGB strand {Pixel 50} would end at the Controller in normal mode.  Otherwise Port 1 NEEDS to be REVERSED to function correctly for Arches.

Hope this helps clear up your confusion a little better.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked