Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting to external controllers

dkoehler42

I'm sure there's a solution in LOR, but I noticed that other vendors offer controllers for motors they sell.  Case in point, Monster Guts has several prop controllers and a media trigger.  If I were so inclined, is there a way to connect these other devices to an LOR controller, or would I need to use whatever compatible LOR solutions exist for the device?  One of these days, I'd like to have one of those scarecrows on a pole spin slowly, but I have yet to find a way to design it.

• Like 1

You can use a Gen3 AC controller (Dimming curve for port set to On/Off) as long as the current is under 4A. Remember  AC Motors take more tho start.

Triggering is another issue. How does it want it done: Contact close/Open? A relay (coil voltage must match PSU voltage:5 or 12V) driven from a CMB24 channel would work.

There is a whole lot of DIO stuff if you have it, but that adds $$ if this is a lone use.

LOR also offers a DIO32 card to which you can add a relay card.  There are 8 independent relays rated at 16 amp/250 volt.  Those would provide many options for controlling motors.

• Like 1