Light-O-Rama Forums

Can not add song to sequence

Kulpy

Every time I try to add a song, cannot create tag engine comes up and I push ok then the sequence shuts down. Everything was working good then one day this started and won't go away. I can't do anything. Don't know if it is my computer or what.

Untitled.png

Is this just one song file or are several sequences doing this.

If it is just the one mp3 file, it may be damaged or in the wrong format.

I suggest you test the song in Windows Media player to see if it works.

If it plays you could run it through Audacity to re encode it, making sure it is CBR.

If it is broken you will have to download it again.

It does it on everyone. Actually I have no problem with my other computer. That's why I think it is the computer. I have everything on flash drives and go from computer to computer.

Have you rebooted the machine.

If so try an uninstall and reinstall of the LOR software.

If the mp3 files don't play in Windows Media player it may be in the Windows installation.

When I go through pixel editor and superstar sequence everything works. I can put the song in and it works. When I go through sequence editor this pops up. So the next question is how do I uninstall and reinstall of the LOR software.

when I go through sequence editer.png

If control panel is running, unload it.

Click on the start button, click apps.

Scroll down to lite o rama.

Right click and say uninstall.

Download 4.4.4 and open it to reinstall.

The usual disclaimer. No data files should be deleted, but always backup, just in case.

44 minutes ago, Kulpy said:

When I go through pixel editor and superstar sequence everything works. I can put the song in and it works. When I go through sequence editor this pops up. So the next question is how do I uninstall and reinstall of the LOR software.

when I go through sequence editer.png

That error leads me to wonder if that one computer has the pointer for the LOR files incorrect.  That referenced file is not on your thumb drive.

As Phil said,  backup your files!!!! Don't take a chance of possibly losing them. You can get a special program from LOR Help Desk that will delete all traces of the LOR installation, therefore allowing you to reinstall from a fresh install. I do not know if it wipes the files of your sequences or not, so BACK THEM UP in a different location. May I suggest a flash drive or two!

Regwipe does not usually remove your data files, but it may mean you have to re register and you may lose your preferences. 

However as before, Always have a backup.

Edited by PhilMassey

Thank You all for the help, Just can't seem to fix the  problem so I put in a ticket. See if they can help.

Thank You Kulpy