Light-O-Rama Forums

Making a preview

vsnsound

Cince I just purchased the CCR-II with star I thought I would try to make a preview with my house as background pic but when looking on how to do it and using the lorwebsite youtube page it tells me to click on S5 light-o-rama sequences.  But I dont have that.  I have to most up to date product.  Am I missing something?

But I did notice im licensed good up to 5.1 but my program running is showing 4.3.34.

Now im confused.  Can someone clear this up for me?

I know I will have more questions when my CCR gets here and when I try to import it to my program but 1 step at a time.  I have been watching all the tutorials I can find  :)

Thank you again

Jay

The current software is S5, ver 5.5.2. 

Your licence covers a version which is well over a year old.

I highly recommend you pay the update cost as the recent releases have improved a great deal.

If you are still running S4, 4.3.34, it is a little close to showtime to manage the fairly steep learning curve to S5. You might be better waiting till the new year to convert.

Well I guess that brings up a whole new question or 2....

Im trying to upgrade and it tells me:

Your license covers the latest version, 5.5.*. There is no reason to renew your license at this time.

Details

LOR Feature Level: Pro
SuperStar Feature Level: 2_CCR
Max Version: 5.11.* (and any future versions released by September 9, 2021)

So what do choose to upgrade from-to and how?

Also... Will my version run my CCR-II & star?  I have been saving up for it for months now and finally bought it yesterday.

Thanks for all the help

No upgrade required for S5. You can download and run the latest ver 5.5.2. Good to go. You will be good until we hit 5.6

In your previous post you said you had 5.1, hence my suggestion to upgrade.

Your Superstar licence is good for 2 CCR,s but that's an additional piece of software to learn. Not sure about the 5.11 part. I don't use it.I suggest you get comfortable with S5 Sequencer before tackling Superstar. You don't have to use it.

S4 Previous software version.

S5 Latest software version, with enhanced abilities for pixels.

Superstar. Strong pixel editing features but more complex to learn, Works in addition to S4 or S5

You can run CCR's in any of the above, but you have to learn to sequence them or use third party purchased or shared sequences.

I see you've been around since 2007 so I assume you are pretty familiar with S4. Again it is very late in the season to be learning S5, but it's up to you.

Phil you have been SO SO helpful and I am grateful for that.  This CCR is new for me and I cant wait to get it in.  I will take your suggestion and not upgrade yet as long as the CCR will run on my S4.  I wont be designing anything.  Just going to purchase already made CCR tree sequences and try to import that into my existing regular musical sequences (any tips would be great!)  LOL

Got any good links you can share with me to purchase CCR-II WITH star sequences?  Besides Superstar?  Im already purchasing a couple from him but wanted more kid friendly sequences.

I have wanted to do this all year.  What we do it we donate our lawn/house and make a large display for people to come and watch and we do it for charity.  In order to watch it they have to bring a food donation for our local food bank.  Then after Jan 1 we deliver it all to the food bank.

So as you can see... trying to make it bigger and better every year is a task and I hope this tree will really pop.

Again, Thank you and any help would be great.

Jay 

Personally I would recommend for this. Holiday season staying with S4 since it seems you understand a little of it.

You can use the vis with a pic of your house to do what you are trying to do.

Sorry for the late reply, seems as though with the forum update I am getting delayed mesage alerts.

My friend Phil has you covered on the rest.

JR

• The topic was locked