Light-O-Rama Forums

trouble with sequencing

Willow wonderland

I am in great need of help, and don't know where else to get it. This is my second year at this, but last year i wasn't as concerned about it being perfect. This year i am more concerned with making a better show.  

My first issue is trying to post an image of my house , so i can monitor  my light sequencing, as i create my show. Once i have my house image , how do i assign where the lights are doing on the image? IE: channel 1 windows, channel 2&3 roof line, etc . How do i add an additional 16 channels to my sequencing. I bought a second box this year, and it is only showing 16 channels as opposed to 32. As i follow some of the tutorials it tells me to go into LOR control panel, and look for SEQUENCES, but that option isn't there, for me to select, to follow some of the steps.  I put all my songs in a file, to edit, and they are somewhere in LOR cyber space. Overall, i have the 10 songs that i need, but to get them to work on my house image is the main issue that i am having. CAN SOMEONEPLEASE, get back to me asap, and help me with these issues. . 

See if this LOR video helps.

Your first step should be making a preview.  In S5 that's where all the channel configurations live.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have seen all of these videos, and some of them did help, however the first video where she tells me to go to the control bar and select SEQUENCE, that option isn't there. Based on the issues i posted on my original post, which one should i start with?  I have had many people say that they would explani it to me in detail, but i have had no one able to help me. GRR. I know i am getting there , and i am so close, but hung up on a few things.

One thing to sick in the back of you head about the photo of your house.  There is no real NEED to put in a background image.  In fact until this year, I never have.  I have a very weird shaped yard and it was not overly convenient to put a house photo on screen and in many cases, the actual props are at odd angles that did not work as well on a preview.  For example, this is what my layout looked like for several years:

SuperStar_visualization.png

That is only vaguely related to the actual layout.  For 2020, I have a series of props that because of their nature, absolutely must be laid out on screen as accurately matching reality as possible - or else the sequencing won't come out right.  So this year, I had to rebuild it to better match reality.

As for adding your new channels, that is fairly easy, but it would be easiest to get on the phone with you rather than endless back and forth E-Mail or forum posts.  If you have remote viewing software such as VNC or Teamviewer, that makes it even easier.  PM me a phone number and I am happy to help.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

One thing to sick in the back of you head about the photo of your house.  There is no real NEED to put in a background image.  In fact until this year, I never have.  I have a very weird shaped yard and it was not overly convenient to put a house photo on screen and in many cases, the actual props are at odd angles that did not work as well on a preview.  For example, this is what my layout looked like for several years:

SuperStar_visualization.png

That is only vaguely related to the actual layout.  For 2020, I have a series of props that because of their nature, absolutely must be laid out on screen as accurately matching reality as possible - or else the sequencing won't come out right.  So this year, I had to rebuild it to better match reality.

As for adding your new channels, that is fairly easy, but it would be easiest to get on the phone with you rather than endless back and forth E-Mail or forum posts.  If you have remote viewing software such as VNC or Teamviewer, that makes it even easier.  PM me a phone number and I am happy to help.

Hey Jim, i don't know how to PM you, but i do use teamviewer at times. I am on my laptop now . 4844323657