Light-O-Rama Forums

50 Watt Floods overkill?

LaughsBrightly

I bought 4 x 50 watt ground mount LOR floods last year from a local Lighter that went pixel.

My house is 40' wide. 

I am starting to think these might be WAY overkill and that eBaying them and buying some of the 10 watts on the Summer Sale might be a smarter move.

Thoughts?

Edited by LaughsBrightly
realized 50 watters don't need a cmb24

The 10 watt wont blind anyone so I have my 16 directed at the guests.    The 50 I use as an up light pointed up into the tree branches.   Wasn't enough so this year I bought three more 50s.

In this video the 50 is mounted on the left tree at curb and directed at the right tree in yard to light the branches. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

The 10 watt wont blind anyone so I have my 16 directed at the guests.    The 50 I use as an up light pointed up into the tree branches.   Wasn't enough so this year I bought three more 50s.

In this video the 50 is mounted on the left tree at curb and directed at the right tree in yard to light the branches. 

Dudeeeee..... That video gave me chills. That is a one heck of a set up!!!! Take a bow sir! That is awesome!!!

Now you making me think I should point my 10w floods at the crowd. Just bought the 8 pack and was going to light up the house but now thinking about using it to point to crowd since my house is one story. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I felt the 10 W lights were under powered for my use. So I use those pointed directly at the street for a wow affect. The 50 watt ones. And I have eight of them are all pointed at the house from the Fenceline. And it lights up everything

• Like 1

ItsMeBobO   Love the video my friend!

I have my 10w mini floods pointed at the audience as well - all 15 of them in groups of 3. 50W light the house.

Always fan of your work

JR

• The topic was locked