Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale

Denny

Anyone heard rumors about a summer sale yet or has it been cancelled because of this Covid-19 pandemic?  Isn't it usually held in August?

I called them, as it turns out right after the mad grab sale had ended, and was told that It was supposed to happen in August.  That was my last contact with them.  I hope it happens as I have been looking forward to it as I just missed the previous sale.

I called LOR on 8-14.  Although I was not told officially it may start on Monday 8-17 or the following Monday 8-24

8 minutes ago, trooperblazer said:

I called LOR on 8-14.  Although I was not told officially it may start on Monday 8-17 or the following Monday 8-24

Wow, surprising!

I rather gather that these sales are rather labor intensive (Pick and Packing) and usually strain the crew. With Covid19, and maintaining distancing, this must be even more difficult.

I also gather, that some systems are completed in house from assemblies and materials. (Work at home ' kited assemblies and parts'?  Old school work at home projects that couldbe done by Seniors and Homemakers)

On 8/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, trooperblazer said:

Looks like it must be the 24th. I have been checking the website and there isn't a sale yet.

On 8/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, TheDucks said:

Wow, surprising!

I rather gather that these sales are rather labor intensive (Pick and Packing) and usually strain the crew. With Covid19, and maintaining distancing, this must be even more difficult.

I also gather, that some systems are completed in house from assemblies and materials. (Work at home ' kited assemblies and parts'?  Old school work at home projects that couldbe done by Seniors and Homemakers)

The main LOR Store page has the following COVID-19 statement: 

COVID-19 Announcement!
5/21/20 -- Our manufacturing, shipping and repair departments have reopened  We have instituted
safety measures for the protection of our employees that go beyond CDC recommendations.

2 hours ago, CanelaLights said:

The main LOR Store page has the following COVID-19 statement: 

COVID-19 Announcement!
5/21/20 -- Our manufacturing, shipping and repair departments have reopened  We have instituted
safety measures for the protection of our employees that go beyond CDC recommendations.

If you sign up on their web you will receive advance notice of the sale telling what, why, where, when and how to be successful (or attempt) 

No need to check every day 

JR

8 hours ago, CanelaLights said:

Looks like it must be the 24th. I have been checking the website and there isn't a sale yet.

I’ve been following and checking several times a day. So hopefully maybe next Monday then!!

Announcement showed up a short while ago both in the announcements section of the forum and an E-Mail in my in box...

24 August - 4 September

A little different this sale, no sale on in line store yet and no link to the sale, guess its covid or something and they will get to it. Anyway we have a date that's official so that's good.

53 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

A little different this sale, no sale on in line store yet and no link to the sale, guess its covid or something and they will get to it. Anyway we have a date that's official so that's good.

Nothing about it is different.

1. Sale hasn't started.
2. In the 16+ years I've been around LOR, I don't recall a special page for the Summer sale.

20 minutes ago, Don said:

Nothing about it is different.

1. Sale hasn't started.
2. In the 16+ years I've been around LOR, I don't recall a special page for the Summer sale.

Don

Usually there is a link to the sale and the sale prices are posted so you know what to shop for, then the prices will become active the minute of the sale. And remember the first annotation on there in line store is the summer sale, been like that for my 5 or so years.

Edited by Kapkirk
additional info

7 minutes ago, Kapkirk said:

Don

Usually there is a link to the sale and the sale prices are posted so you know what to shop for, then the prices will become active the minute of the sale. And remember the first annotation on there in line store is the summer sale, been like that for my 5 or so years.

What? "first annotation on there in line store is the summer sale"
What does that mean?

12 minutes ago, Don said:

What? "first annotation on there in line store is the summer sale"
What does that mean?

First annotation is on the on-line store they have box's on the left, first one says TSO Signature series, next one is Showtime Central I think, any way we usually see the sale prices for a week or so prior to sale then the sale prices will become active.

Not trying to stir any pot or anything, just noticed something different this sale, Not being able to see prices yet, different. I think I will head out to work on my new Merry Christmas sign to go over our street and actually be productive today, Have a great day.

Keith

From what you are explaining that is the Spring sale.  The prices are advertised before hand and at exactly 9:00 pm eastern time, you can start adding stuff to your basket.  This sale has limited items.  The summer sale has unlimited items so there is no reason for LOR to show the sale prices ahead of time.  I don't recall seeing advanced prices for the summer sale and this sale lasts almost 2 weeks contrary to the Spring sale, everything could be gone within  24 hours.

Make your list of what you want and then check the prices once the sales start.  You have plenty of time to buy, not like the Spring sale.

Have fun!!

• Like 1

• The topic was locked