Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware Upgraded Needed?

mcnamara9

I bought an mp3 director last year and it worked great. This year, I have been using LOR II to "touch up" my sequences and wanted to know:

If my sequences are now saved in LOR II, do I need to update the firmware on mp3 director controller for it to run the LORII files?

What about the other regular 16-channel boxes I have? Since I'm using LORII sequenced files, do they need upgrading as well?

My 2 cents worth on this topic is don't change anything if it already works the way you want. Having said that, I like to keep all my boxes at the same firmware level (not necessarily the latest version, but at least at the same version).

Depending on when you bought it last year, you probably have at least version 3 and possibly version 4 which should be ok for LOR II. LOR can jump in here and slap me silly if I mis-stated that fact.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Depending on when you bought it last year, you probably have at least version 3 and possibly version 4 which should be ok for LOR II. LOR can jump in here and slap me silly if I mis-stated that fact.

I bought them during the summer sale last year. I even have 1 box from the 2006 summer sale as well.

If you are not sure of the versions, look in the Hardware Utility and see what version shows for the various units you have.

mcnamara9 wrote:

I bought an mp3 director last year and it worked great. This year, I have been using LOR II to "touch up" my sequences and wanted to know:

If my sequences are now saved in LOR II, do I need to update the firmware on mp3 director controller for it to run the LORII files?

What about the other regular 16-channel boxes I have? Since I'm using LORII sequenced files, do they need upgrading as well?

The firmware does not need to be updated in order to use sequences that were created with LOR II.