Light-O-Rama Forums

Would an S5 preview expert help me? I would be generously appreciative!

wt1924

I imported my S4 preview. The result has me confused and the sequences do not run correctly. I would like to send my preview to someone who can fix it. Also, the things I added after the import, when I try effects they look incorrect. You can message me on here so I can email and maybe have a Zoom or Teams meeting. I would appreciate someone! I will be very appreciative IF I am helped.

William Harrison

14 hours ago, wt1924 said:

I imported my S4 preview. The result has me confused and the sequences do not run correctly. I would like to send my preview to someone who can fix it. Also, the things I added after the import, when I try effects they look incorrect. You can message me on here so I can email and maybe have a Zoom or Teams meeting. I would appreciate someone! I will be very appreciative IF I am helped.

William Harrison

The imports do not work (well). Been in your shoes more than once before giving up and building everything in S5 from scratch.

Without redoing there is no fix with most props built in, it is much easier in S5.

I took the time to ensure everything I imported was 100% correct, going from a huge display of LED/ Incans and RGB to 100% RGB so did not need all the other props and it still didnt go well. Started early January, gave up the end of January.

Rebuilt everything in Feb and ran my Covid show with S5 March to July.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I will go along with JR, just rebuild from scratch in the S5 review Editor.  It's not that hard to do, and does not take all that much time - my 66K channel Preview took no more than an hour to create.

What kind of things are you trying to import? I've worked with multiple people on converting S4 Visualizer Files (or S2 animations) up to S5 that have gone well. At the very least, having the import is a great starting point if you want to trade out props to the cleaner built in shapes. The only thing that may come over "weird" in my experience is if you sequenced RGB at the channel level in the S4 Sequencer instead of using the Pixel Editor - those effects do not translate to motion effects directly. So to summarize again, what specific props aren't coming over well with import and how were they set up in S4?

We will be having a 1-hour webinar where I review William's preview and make fixes so it works as expected. All S5 users are invited to watch and listen in. Here is the info:

How to fix Visualizer files imported into an S5 preview
Fri, Aug 14, 2020 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM (CDT)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://www.gotomeet.me/lightorama/how-to-fix-visualizer-files-imported-into-s5

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3112

Access Code: 261-393-285

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/261393285

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:27 PM, Aubrey said:

What kind of things are you trying to import? I've worked with multiple people on converting S4 Visualizer Files (or S2 animations) up to S5 that have gone well. At the very least, having the import is a great starting point if you want to trade out props to the cleaner built in shapes. The only thing that may come over "weird" in my experience is if you sequenced RGB at the channel level in the S4 Sequencer instead of using the Pixel Editor - those effects do not translate to motion effects directly. So to summarize again, what specific props aren't coming over well with import and how were they set up in S4?

Two different problems there. Importing a vis file/ lee/ lpf is different and separate from a sequence. I could care less about a sequence as I tried to build my preview. However once the props start to get all broken apart in the structure, game over. It happened to me several times.

Since sitting down and with the help of friends rebuilding my props in S5 I have had very few problems.

The sequences are simple, open, assign generic/ default preview and it opens. Copy paste.

In PE yes it may work a little better, I wouldn't know. I only know what happened on my end.

JR

6 hours ago, MattBrown said:

We will be having a 1-hour webinar where I review William's preview and make fixes so it works as expected. All S5 users are invited to watch and listen in. Here is the info:

Thanks Matt.  I have been 100% S5 for three years, and I still figure I might learn something.  I will will be there!

6 hours ago, MattBrown said:

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/261393285

I am in as well.

Is there anything we will need to be prepared?

I missed all but 2 classes of Dons due to Zoom issues or my internet issues however I believe all of them have been worked out.

9 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Matt, Will this be recorded and added to the website? I have a commercial display that we are converting from S4 to S5 this year and we have three separate previews for the display. I will be at work so I won't be able to see it live.

SPaschall

11 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Will this be recorded and added to the website?

Yes, we plan to record it.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:28 AM, MattBrown said:

Yes, we plan to record it.

Unfortunately due to my recent SSD upgrade gone wrong I will not be able to attend this tonight.

Matt will you be creating a new thread with the link to video or will this be something we have to contact you about?

I couldn’t ask this queation in your original thread. Figured this would help a lot of us instead of asking in a PM.

Thank you

JR