Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Pirates of The Caribbean Sequence...

Jade Rymkos

I have always had a Pirates of the Caribbean sequence in my display.  In fact, I've created several versions throughout the years.  Soon to be another one using Hans Zimmer's Live in Prague Pirates of the Caribbean Medley.

It is a long medley so I'm only sequencing the last approximately four minutes of the song.  I'm planning on adding two new matrices to my display this year and this is my first attempt at sequencing them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, Jade Rymkos said:

I have always had a Pirates of the Caribbean sequence in my display.  In fact, I've created several versions throughout the years.  Soon to be another one using Hans Zimmer's Live in Prague Pirates of the Caribbean Medley.

It is a long medley so I'm only sequencing the last approximately four minutes of the song.  I'm planning on adding two new matrices to my display this year and this is my first attempt at sequencing them.

So are the screens with the pirates like a matrix display or pixel wall? I'm a newbie and am fascinated!!!!! What are the dimensions of these displays and what are you figuring rough cost in supplies to build these?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZ Griswolds said:

So are the screens with the pirates like a matrix display or pixel wall? I'm a newbie and am fascinated!!!!! What are the dimensions of these displays and what are you figuring rough cost in supplies to build these?

look to be a pixel grid with one inch spacing, there are several ways to build a matrix, one involves pushing pixels in a pixel mesh and the other using pixel panels (P10 and P5).  Panels are a tighter grid (10mm and 5mm respectively).  Decision comes down to viewing distance, if your audience is 10-20ft away then the panels are a better choice but at 50ft or more then the mesh has its merits.

• 3 months later...

Here is my final video...

My new matrices are 30 pixels by 45 pixels at 3" spacing.  I used Boscoyo's ChromaMesh and couldn't have been more pleased.

10 minutes ago, Jade Rymkos said:

Here is my final video...

My new matrices are 30 pixels by 45 pixels at 3" spacing.  I used Boscoyo's ChromaMesh and couldn't have been more pleased.

Looks good