Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to save Our Christmas Display this year. In need of pixel tree sequences. 16 x 50

GriswoldStyle

This is my plea for the communities assistance. Rather than me skipping decorating this year, I am duplicating my show from last year. Just adding the pixel tree to it that we bought this year before all heck broke loose. Sadly between covid, then a car accident and now potential surgery on my throat coming up, I just do not have time or the energy to work on anything  new this year as of right now. I am just so mentally and psychically  drained and behind. I normally start programming in Late March, Early May. Its now August and I haven't even started. I am going to try to duplicate as much as possible from last year. Here is the songs I did last year. If you have a pixel tree LMS thats 16 x 50 and are willing to share it for ANY of these songs, PLEASE help. I am still using S4... I am going to try to come up with my annual Griswold Mix if my health gets better but I just am so far behind and right now am still in shock and feeling defeated. Praying this can be cured. The fear of the unknown is taking its toll on me. But I am hoping to pull through all this. Anyways,

Songs I am looking for Pixel tree help for. Any shares would be greatly appreciated

NWGRAPHIX2@yahoo.com

1) All I want for Christmas - Mariah Carey

2) Carol of the bells - Cali

3) Carol of the bells - Lindsey Sterling

4) Christmas Vacation Them Song

5) Do they Know its Christmas -Glee Cast

6) The Greatest Show - Tgs soundtrack

7) You're a mean one Mr Grinch 

8). Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix

9) Baby Come Home For Christmas - Mariah Carey

9) Its The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - Andy Williams

10) Nut Rocker - TSO

11) Oh Santa - Mariah Carey

12) Light Of Christmas - Owl City

13) Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - Gene Autry

14) Sugar Plum Fairy - Pentatonix

15) Up On The Housetop - Pentatonix

16) Wizards In Winter - TSO

17) Griswold Mix 2018 (My Mix i shared the mix in forum)

18) Griswold Mix 2019 (My Mix i shared the mix in forum)

19) Snowman Mix (A Mashup someone shared) Just shows snowman.mp3

I really just have too much going on this year to learn s5. I hate to ask but this is the year I am going to need a helping hand the most to help continue my show. I am going to be showing my son everything I can just in case something goes wrong with my health. Trying to get everything programmed as we still do not know how this whole thing is going to go with what they found in the mri on my throat/thyroid. Regardless, The show must go on!!!!! Thank you to everyone who helped me get this far in the hobby. I hope and pray I will continue to be here for many years to come.

57 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

1) All I want for Christmas - Mariah Carey

7) You're a mean one Mr Grinch

13) Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - Gene Autry

16) Wizards In Winter - TSO

I know all of those are available for purchase from various sources - I know because I have purchased them, and they are in my show.  Because they are purchased, I can not share them.

Pretty sure some of the others are as well.

Hey GriswoldStyle   Sorry to hear of your bad breaks and stress.  Please take care of yourself first.  Your visitors are not going to complain if you set up a show using last years sequences.  If you are able to setup the pixel tree, it does not have to be lit for every song.

You didn't say what you want to display on the tree.  The low res cartoony stuff is not shared when purchased.  There are a lot of shaable patterns used which dont always sync with the song.  Sometimes people use a talking face.

I presume you have last years sequences along with a new config and a working S4 .lee to visualize.  I feel that should be done first. If not i will try to upgrade what you have to get you ready for 2020.    Post that stuff on a sharing site and send the link to me.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, james morris said:

I have most of them I'm still s4

That would be awesome if you can share. I don't need anything special or overly elaborate. Just whatever basic there is to make the pixel tree work that others are willing to share. I just have to add a tree to my visualizer to preview it. Not sure how yet but will figure it out. This year just hasn't been kind to us and I know I am not the only one going through the wringer. Just trying to add the pixel tree to what I already have from last year since I am not going to have much time to dedicate to sequencing new songs this year. I just don;t want to let people down that are expecting the show. Thank you in advance for whatever help you can provide.

7 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Hey GriswoldStyle   Sorry to hear of your bad breaks and stress.  Please take care of yourself first.  Your visitors are not going to complain if you set up a show using last years sequences.  If you are able to setup the pixel tree, it does not have to be lit for every song.

You didn't say what you want to display on the tree.  The low res cartoony stuff is not shared when purchased.  There are a lot of shaable patterns used which dont always sync with the song.  Sometimes people use a talking face.

I presume you have last years sequences along with a new config and a working S4 .lee to visualize.  I feel that should be done first. If not i will try to upgrade what you have to get you ready for 2020.    Post that stuff on a sharing site and send the link to me.  

Thanks I know others have it worse so I am just trying to make the show go on regardless. Not looking for anything special. Just whatever people are willing to share in any of the songs listed. Just want our fans to see the tree at work. We already told them we have the tree being added this year from our facebook page then everything started to happen and I never got a chance to learn what to do with it. I am researching now how to add it to the visualizer I have from last year. If everything works out I can focus on learning pixel trees next year. 

On 8/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, GriswoldStyle said:

Thanks I know others have it worse so I am just trying to make the show go on regardless. Not looking for anything special. Just whatever people are willing to share in any of the songs listed. Just want our fans to see the tree at work. We already told them we have the tree being added this year from our facebook page then everything started to happen and I never got a chance to learn what to do with it. I am researching now how to add it to the visualizer I have from last year. If everything works out I can focus on learning pixel trees next year. 

Shoot me what you have and I can build you a visualizer. Existing vis .lee if not unit ID's, networks and props types. 

You didntt even need to ask.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, james morris said:

Sent What I have

Thank you so much. Im still new to the SS part. I thought I had it figured out with export to SE but it only allows me 2 strings. The tree is 16. Is there are way to copy it or can I only copy it from an LMS to another LMA?

Dang that was like half my list lol. Man that is so much appreciated. I was able to preview them in superstar (first time ever using it lol) But have no idea how to copy them from superstar and paste into sequence. Still playing around with it trying to figure it out lol.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Shoot me what you have and I can build you a visualizer. Existing vis .lee if not unit ID's, networks and props types. 

You didntt even need to ask.

JR

Bare with me. Im still trying to rework my channel config. Someone was trying to help me but I run my shows off the grey mp3 director. So I have to adjust things from last year and get my dumb rgb back to network one and then add the pixel tree to aux A.

Hoping the 16x50 pixel tree and (4) 100 count pixel arches will all work on Aux A with no trouble. Guess I will find out lol.

Worse case scenario I have a red adapter but that is a whole nother ball game for later. One step at atime for me this year.

18 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Bare with me. Im still trying to rework my channel config. Someone was trying to help me but I run my shows off the grey mp3 director. So I have to adjust things from last year and get my dumb rgb back to network one and then add the pixel tree to aux A.

Hoping the 16x50 pixel tree and (4) 100 count pixel arches will all work on Aux A with no trouble. Guess I will find out lol.

Worse case scenario I have a red adapter but that is a whole nother ball game for later. One step at atime for me this year.

You'll be fine with aux A for the tree. Don't forget the red HS adapter. You'll need it. 

Just let me know when you are ready and need assistance,

JR

Edited by dibblejr

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You'll be fine with aux A for the tree. Don't forget the red HS adapter. You'll need it. 

Just let me know when you are ready and need assistance,

JR

Even with the mp3 show director? Sorry Im new to the whole red adapter thing lol, I have it but havent used it for anything.

26 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Even with the mp3 show director? Sorry Im new to the whole red adapter thing lol, I have it but havent used it for anything.

If it has 2 networks or more you will be able to run 1- regular and 1 Aux A

You will need to connect the player to another controller or via the usb adapter to your computer.

What model do you have?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 8/4/2020 at 12:23 AM, GriswoldStyle said:

No, if  you have one of the newer MP3 Directors {G3 or N4-G3 MP3} that has the ability to do multiple networks, you don't need the red adapter at all.  You only need that if running the show from a computer.   My red adapter died, but fortunately I'm now running my show from the new N4-G3 MP3 Director [G4]} and I use my older USB485B to test my shows from it, as it supplies the power needed to the MP3 Director for running tests inside before I move things outdoors for the actual display.

Red Adapter is only good if using the computer for running a show or testing purposes indoors before moving the show onto an MP3 Director unit, newer if utilizing multiple networks and pixels.

I have several channel config files for this purpose, 1 setup for testing without a red adapter, 1 setup for testing with both an older USB48bB black adapter{for older Gen 2/V2 CTB16PC controllers} and a Red HS adapter {Aux A} for Pixels, and finally a 3rd is set up for my G4 {N4-G3 Director} for all controllers I have, Regular, 115K for my Gen 2 CTB16PC Controllers, Aux A, 500K, Enhanced for my CCB100D 5V Pixel Controllers and Aux B, 1,000K, Enhanced for my 2 LOR Singing Trees {Pixie 2 Controllers}.   This way when I have completed a sequence and need to change the settings for a section so that everything lines up for the G4 Director, I just load the channel config I created called 2020-G4~Director-Run~Shows.lcc, save the Director Sequence version to a new folder, then use those to install on my SD Card for the Director.   Sure beats having to go in and modify each pixel area for the Director.    And I use the Hub to set the network parameters, Network 1, Regular, 115k for my older CTB16PC controllers {G2/V2}, Network 2, Aux A, 500K, Enhanced for my CCB100D 5V older Pixel Controllers, and Network 3, Aux B, 1,000K, Enhanced for my Pixie 2 LOR Singing Tree Controllers.

Probably more in-depth detail than you needed currently, but just saying how I set my Director unit up for my 2020 Christmas Show.  You probably don't need 3 networks like I'm using {I could get away with only 2 if I had too}, but this way just makes it easier for me to track issues down if something goes amiss during a show.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, GriswoldStyle said:

Thank you so much. Im still new to the SS part. I thought I had it figured out with export to SE but it only allows me 2 strings. The tree is 16. Is there are way to copy it or can I only copy it from an LMS to another LMA?

Dang that was like half my list lol. Man that is so much appreciated. I was able to preview them in superstar (first time ever using it lol) But have no idea how to copy them from superstar and paste into sequence. Still playing around with it trying to figure it out lol.

Open SS 

Open the SUP file

File/ Export to sequence editor

Deselect include Macro Channels

Enter

It will create an sup.lms  file

Open that file in SE

Copy paste directly in to your  pixie ports. *** Do not copy/ paste all at once. Split it in half. Sometimes SE will crash if you try to copy paste to large of a file.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 12:44 AM, dibblejr said:

If it has 2 networks or more you will be able to run 1- regular and 1 Aux A

You will need to connect the player to another controller or via the usb adapter to your computer.

What model do you have?

JR

Mine is the G3 model with Network 1 and Aux A. Just got it in 2019 in the summer sale. I reconfigured my layout and fixed most of it to network 1. Only the pixel tree and pixel arches will be on Aux A,

I just sent you a message. Hopefully I did it right. If not let me know 

I appreciate the help very much everyone. I feel like such a n00b again. So much to learn in such little time. I really hope 2021 is better for everyone. 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:37 AM, Orville said:

No, if  you have one of the newer MP3 Directors {G3 or N4-G3 MP3} that has the ability to do multiple networks, you don't need the red adapter at all.  You only need that if running the show from a computer.   My red adapter died, but fortunately I'm now running my show from the new N4-G3 MP3 Director [G4]} and I use my older USB485B to test my shows from it, as it supplies the power needed to the MP3 Director for running tests inside before I move things outdoors for the actual display.

Red Adapter is only good if using the computer for running a show or testing purposes indoors before moving the show onto an MP3 Director unit, newer if utilizing multiple networks and pixels.

Awesome! That is what I was thinking. I have saved files from every config since 2016. Im a file hoarder and cloud hoarder. I save it all 2 and 3 times anywhere I can even on external drives lol. This will be my first year with a pixel tree and if it wasnt for the wife, It wouldnt have been a thing this year lol. She made me buy it and said she wanted it lol. With everything going on it just got so busy I am several months behind from where I normally am come August. 

Anyways, Thank you for the breakdown. It will certainly come in handy for both myself and other who find it.

21 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Mine is the G3 model with Network 1 and Aux A. Just got it in 2019 in the summer sale. I reconfigured my layout and fixed most of it to network 1. Only the pixel tree and pixel arches will be on Aux A,

I just sent you a message. Hopefully I did it right. If not let me know 

I appreciate the help very much everyone. I feel like such a n00b again. So much to learn in such little time. I really hope 2021 is better for everyone. 

Depending on number of pixels I may have to place the RGB arches on LOR NW 1

You should be ok though but you can have a lot of AC controllers with a pixies tree or arches sharing a nw. AC controllers take considerably less data 

JR

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, dibblejr said:

Depending on number of pixels I may have to place the RGB arches on LOR NW 1

You should be ok though but you can have a lot of AC controllers with a pixies tree or arches sharing a nw. AC controllers take considerably less data 

JR

Whatever works is fine with me. I'm still learning the pixel aspect. I finally got good with dumb rgb.

I have {4} cmb24's in my display,  5 ac controllers. 2 dual strand pixie boxes arches for a total of 4 pixel arches at 100 pixels each.  Last year was my first year with the G3. I use to have the mini director. It was sluggish so I upgraded last year to the G3 Grey Mp3 director.

I will make whatever you think will work happen one way or the other.

Thank you for the help everyone. BobO thank you for looking into it for me originally.. JR was able to help set me up really quick. I still cant find my image.Going to switch laptops anyways. But hey atleast Its working! Now I might actually tackle this song as my one new song this year. I saw the video of the pixel tree on the site and loved it. Can anyone tell me if this sequence is easy to copy and paste into my channel config?  Now I just have to start saving for pixel sequences lol See the following link

https://www.holidaysequences.com/Paul-McCartney-Wonderful-Christmas-Time-p/16pix-pcct.htm

I was able to paste a few that James did into my current playlist. However I only have 4 songs for this year so far from my original list but I have wanted to add the Wonderful ChristmasTime song for a few years now. If anyone has any of the other songs I listed with a pixel tree you can share, Please let know. Again, A SINCERE thank you to everyone for your help.