Light-O-Rama Forums

Talking Pumpkin

RobDaddy

I made a 10'X5' frame out of PVC pipe and covered it with a plastic netting then zip tied the rope light to what postion I need it. I figure I can then cut the netting off of the frame and roll it up for next year.

Guys !!!!

You all did a fantastic Job. We so missed the boat on the HUGE Talking Pumpkins but it gives me great Ideas for 2009. Well done to all of YOU!!!

Thanks for sharing
Evan

That looks great! I wanted to do something like that for this year but ran out of time. Can you supply some pictures of how you built the mouth? I would like to see how you built it as compared to others.

Thanks for sharing!

RobDaddy wrote:

I made a 10'X5' frame out of PVC pipe and covered it with a plastic netting then zip tied the rope light to what postion I need it. I figure I can then cut the netting off of the frame and roll it up for next year.

Hey Rob how well did your idea of rolling it up for storage work out? How small was it rolled up? Storage is a very important part of this hobby, hope it worked out . Very impressive Halloween display this year, I loved it.

Michael

For my frame...instead of glueing where all the PVC connects, I drilled holes and use bolt, washers and wing nuts for easy breakdown and storage.

That's awesome!

Talk about Storage economizing!!!! How did you do the rope lights? IE: How did you deal with rope that was too long? Did you just cut it to length???

Cheers
Evan

I layed out my design with string the measured all the string. I think I had 140' and a roll comes in 150' so I ordered one roll. When it was time to pack it I cut the zip ties holding the net to the frame and rolled it up :)

RobDaddy wrote:

Wow, Good job. I wish I had a bigger front yard. It's pretty bad when I try to talk my wife into moving just so I can have a bigger yard and bigger house only because of LOR???:)

I know how you feel. We moved last November to a really nice ranch style, but have a very small yard. I'm dong what I can, including having a tree moved to make more room.

• 1 month later...