Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Screen

David St John

I purchased several music sequences with my startup kit (thank goodness!) so I can plug N play at least a few tunes. These sequneces come with a standard animation layout and I would like to change it to match my house set up. I have done this by re drawing my layout in one file. Can my new animation layout be copied to other sequences?

Perhaps I need to save my "starter" file with the new layout under a new name, select a new song then copy & paste the timing & light sequence from the correct sequence file to match the song?

What is the easiest way to accomplish this (existing sequences, replace animation layout from another file)?

The animation become part of the configuration (channel names, assignments, etc) for that sequence. You can save this configuration by selecting edit, export configuration. Then when you open a new sequence, selecting edit, import configuration will bring in all your channel names, assignments, animations, etc.

You can have difference configurations (ex. one for Halloween and one for Christmas).

Just keep in mind, that when you import a configuration, it overlays the channel assignments but DOES NOT make any changes to the channel programming. Thus, before you import a configuration, make sure that your channel layout you are importing to has the same order as the channels you are importing.