Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 matrix movie

nunofernandes

i have a sequence that is 1 minute long, and added a motion effects row to my matrix in sequencer. then i picked movie for the motion effect and clicked on run the entire length of effect. the video i selected is also 1 minute long.

it play great, but boy does it take a long time to render. will this be a problem when i connect it to the display? 

should it take that long to render the effect?

every time i open the sequence now it renders the effect, and it takes a good 8-10 minutes for the sequence to be available to play.

running an I7 processor, with 6gb ram, SSD drive.

the matrix is 7500 pixels

7 hours ago, nunofernandes said:

i have a sequence that is 1 minute long, and added a motion effects row to my matrix in sequencer. then i picked movie for the motion effect and clicked on run the entire length of effect. the video i selected is also 1 minute long.

it play great, but boy does it take a long time to render. will this be a problem when i connect it to the display? 

should it take that long to render the effect?

every time i open the sequence now it renders the effect, and it takes a good 8-10 minutes for the sequence to be available to play.

running an I7 processor, with 6gb ram, SSD drive.

the matrix is 7500 pixels

It will take it a long time to render. Each time I open one of my sequences that contains a movie effect it takes a long time to open. Once a play file is created, the sequence will play normal in the show and should not have any delay in playing.

I did similar last Halloween on a 24x50 matrix. I did experience some delay but LOR was also fixing that in that release. The repair allowed it to run almost normally however, don’t change anything in that or those sequence(s) because you have to let each render again 

i am making sure that the movie effect is the last thing i add to each of the sequences, to keep from having to render so much. Hope they come out with a fix to lock the effect and keep it from rendering each time.

That was fixed. It was a playback issue that appeared to force rending each time it played or something similar to that.  As for the actual rendering,  you are converting millions of movie pixels onto a matrix and doing so, it takes time.  Are you aware that in order to get the movie into it, normally....you are using its own soundtrack. I suppose you can edit it out with Audacity, Nero or similar though.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, dgrant said:

That was fixed. It was a playback issue that appeared to force rending each time it played or something similar to that.  As for the actual rendering,  you are converting millions of movie pixels onto a matrix and doing so, it takes time.  Are you aware that in order to get the movie into it, normally....you are using its own soundtrack. I suppose you can edit it out with Audacity, Nero or similar though.

i removed the audio from the video prior to adding it as an effect. have an LOR help desk ticket open, because they said it should not be trying to render after every change to the sequence.