Light-O-Rama Forums

Wanted to say Hi again

JimCanfield

I have been busy this summer with various parts of my display and have neglected this board..oops. However, I am back and wanted to say hi. Good luck everyone in your setup and be safe.

JimCanfield wrote:

I have been busy this summer with various parts of my display and have neglected this board..oops. However, I am back and wanted to say hi. Good luck everyone in your setup and be safe.

Howdy Jim. Good to see you this year. I noticed a nice "X Days til Christmas" banner on your site. Is that Javascript?

Grabs a beer (oops, this is a coffee shop), takes a sip, and starts the conversation.

This year I am going with 32 channels of LOR with approx 35,000 lights, of which almost a little over half are LED's. My main project this year was a roof grid that is 32' x 12' that will go on my house that mirrors my garage roof. The grid will be red and green, each on its own channel. This weekend a fellow enthusiast is willing to come over and help me get it up on the roof (to which my wife is happy).

I have 5 1/2 of the 6 mini trees completed, both tune to signs are completed, my antenna and fm transmitter are completed (and they work also!!).

All that is left is creating shows, creating a schedule, sequence one or two more voiceovers (which I was not going to do this year until my wife said she is looking forward to hearing those....so now I HAVE to sequence them lol), build a box for my controllers, purchase a collection box for donations, and that is it.

My setup date is this Saturday, with lightup being the 28th. I am getting really excited to see 13 months of work finally come to life. Come the 28th I will either be really glad I decided to animate, or I will say never again (of which I am sure I will not do).

Richard, I will ask my wife about the christmas days...she is the techie in our house.

Jeffrey wrote:

Richard Hamilton wrote:
I noticed a nice "X Days til Christmas" banner on your site. Is that Javascript?

See here:
http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi

-Jeff

Very Nice, Jeff. I am going to look at that. I already have a countdown script on my site, but it isn't pretty like your and others. I hope to have some time to put on lipstick later. Much thanks for the post.