Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II and an old MP-3 director card

Dale W

I have an old version of a MP-3 director card (old firmware) and I can not get it to play my sequences properly.

I have four songs for Halloween that I have done. One plays lights and music, another just lights and no music, and the remaining two no lights and no music.

When I program the SD Card, I am checking the old firmware box.

I am stumped.

Any ideas?

Dale W wrote:

I could not get the hardware wizard to recognize to card. How can I get it to connect in order to upgrade the firmware?

The Hardware Utility will not and does not need to "recognize" the MP3 unit to upgrade the firmware.

Connect the card via the Hardware Utility and make sure the SD card is removed. Then on the Firmware Page, click MP3 as the device, open the firmware file and start the download.

I got the card to upgrade, but it is still not functioning properly (it plays music on two songs, but not the third and flashes lights on all three - I dropped a sequence thinking it may have been the problem).

The file was MP3, but I recreated it (and my other one) and got it to work. I think the sequencer had a hard time analyzing the files and it was tripping it up.

I went back into audacity and created them again and did not have any problems.

Thanks to all that assisted!