Light-O-Rama Forums

how many pixels can be driven at the different speeds in the S5 software at the PRO level if that maters.

Jack

1.Does anyone have a chart that shows the number of pixels vs the different speeds that work?

57K--115k--500k at Regular LOR and then at Enhanced

2. what's the limit on AC controllers, I'm thinking the power/current is the limiting factor, maybe not.

Thanks to all,

Jack

"LOR" Pixel controllers I do know usually always require 500K and Enhanced, anything less and you will get lag times that will create some possibly frustrating effects when a show is running.  

Usually the biggest issue is lag times if the RGB Controllers aren't set to their potential, other issues that can occur are a single or multiple pixels lighting when they should be off or vice versa{off when they should be lit}.  And that can really mess up a chase event if they lag and sometimes both events, lag and pixels not lighting, or lighting when they shouldn't can occur together.  

And believe me, it looks horrible when it happens, speaking from my own experience here.  And I'd think S5 would create the same issues if the Pixel Controllers are not set properly for correct speed and enhanced during a show playback. 

It may work fine when sequencing on the computer and the visualizer, but when put to the real world test, that's when these issues may arise if things are not set up correctly.

As for CTB16PC AC Controllers, that is usually unlimited, but like you stated, it also depends on what is connected to each one and the amperage and wattage load as to the exact number that could placed on a single circuit.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked