Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop Running Upside Down

dibblejr

I could not find a similar topic even though I have seen it but it may have been in a controller related issue.

My CCR Tree has been running properly in the preview window for the other sequences as well as my covid show. The same prop settings, just a copy of the covid show prop.

With my current sequence it is running upside down.

This was a copy paste from an S4 sequence I used on my show 2 years ago and worked perfect. The other sequences I have are all fine. 

The controller is a pixie16 so I cant change that and if I could it would change it for every sequence thus having this one run correctly but having the majority running upside down.

Anyone out there have the solution. I looked around in S5 and help menu and couldn't find it.

Thank you

JR

Edited by dibblejr

If it is correct in the preview, but up-side-down on the real lights then the issue is with the "Start location" in the prop's definition.

If it is wrong on the preview, then reverse the order of the rows when you paste into the sequence. There is an option for that in the Paste Special dialog.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Yes, it’s upside down in preview. Will try the reverse rows later.

Thank you

JR

Matt, i know a bit off topic, but it would sure be handy to be able to click on a link (like for custom props) and see the pixel order of the standard ones.     It would make cases like this a lot more obvious.   Its also not easy to tell which pixel has the 1 on a star (it is the end or the first on the side).   

15 minutes ago, TexasLights said:

Matt, i know a bit off topic, but it would sure be handy to be able to click on a link (like for custom props) and see the pixel order of the standard ones.     It would make cases like this a lot more obvious.   Its also not easy to tell which pixel has the 1 on a star (it is the end or the first on the side).   

See the "Options Menu" topic on this page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/design_tab.htm

There is a "Show Pixel Numbers" option in Preview Design.

The next release will also have a "Wiring View".

Matt

isn't software grand. so many things it can do if you just know where.   I had to zoom into see it, but it was pretty much what i was looking for and removed any ambiguity.

NM- re read your original reply and saw it is during the pasting process.

Matt- one more question before I return home.

If I select “reverse strings” as mentioned above will it reverse just for this one sequence?

Thank you

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Matt- 

Attempted to try the “flip” in the paste special- received error

”a problem occurred while reading the clipboard- system out of memory” (I shortened it a bit)

Tried that several times.

Then I attempted to copy / paste the individual rows and paste in reverse order.

Still playing upside down in the tree. To me that shouldn’t have happened so I tried it 2x

Could it somehow be using the old clipboard when I copy/ paste individual rows?

Same results.

JR

Edit

I attempted to assign my S4 sequence my Halloween preview. All props were archived. When I "appended" the ccr tree it shows up on my preview grid however - 1- it is not grouped as the preview should be. I can live with that but when I play the preview the tree does not light. I don't have any lights but the tree is the only prop I appended to view so that was what I expected.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
edit results

JR, Try this. 

Close Sequencer completely to release all the memory. Then start up and try your paste with a fresh  load. Probably might not hurt to reboot too.

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

JR, Try this. 

Close Sequencer completely to release all the memory. Then start up and try your paste with a fresh  load. Probably might not hurt to reboot too.

K, going to try that right now.

Thanks

JR

Ok, sorry for the delay. Had a lot going on today between this and other things.

Matt - tried your first suggestion and it didn't work due to memory error reading the clipboard.

I also paste the results of trying to individually copy and paste each row to my rows. For whatever reason the tree was still upside down. I didn't believe the results and repeated the process and again the tree was upside down which didn't make any sense to me so I posted the result.

Phil suggested a reboot.

Phil- Completed the reboot and copy/ pasted as Matt suggested. The results were only the last 4 ports 13-16 populated. Since there were only 4 rows I could not tell if it resolved the problem.

In the meantime while I was attempting to troubleshoot a little more gsmith had texted me and we did a screen share.

Here is the outcome.

Sorry, I do not know S5, not even 10% of how I know S4 so if my verbiage is wrong, I apologize. I am trying to learn S5. Feel like a newbie all over  again.

When my ccr tree was built it was showing 800 pixels in the grid preview. Of course SS imports only  16 rows. So to speed things up I grouped my strings of 50 in to 16 rows. So when I attempted the "flip" in the "paste special" settings it was only populating the last 4 rows. Since it was only 4 rows I could not tell if the sequence was corrected.

The fix was degrouping all 16 back to 800 rows and then reversing all 800 pixels at once. 

Now to figure out why it was only this sequence. I will be looking at the sup file to see if there is a clue there but let me say this was not an import from SS, this was a copy / paste from my 2018 S4 show sequence that worked perfect as well as my covid 19 show and all sequences in between.

I appreciate everybody's assistance with this. 

Matt or anyone reading this, I am hoping this is not going to affect my preview for all sequences assigned to it. My tree works fine for all other CCR tree sequences I have tried prior to this reversal. ~ thoughts appreciated.

Thank you

JR

Edited by dibblejr
change 800 rows to 800 pixels

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

See the "Options Menu" topic on this page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/design_tab.htm

There is a "Show Pixel Numbers" option in Preview Design.

The next release will also have a "Wiring View".

Matt

Matt, this is great. This was something I had brought up just last week or so as I was trying to build a custom prop. This will be a valuable tool in my very near future.

The only way I knew how to do that was in the custom prop design.

Thanks

JR

8 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

When my ccr tree was built it was showing 800 rgb rows in the grid preview. Of course SS imports only  16 rows. So to speed things up I grouped my strings of 50 in to 16 rows.

Huh?  800 rows of pixels?  How big is your tree?

And SuperStar will happily import more than 16 rows.  My tree is 26 x 100 pixels and SuperStar will happily import that just fine - or add 270 pixels for the star, or 300 pixels for the arches, or 570 pixels for the arches and star, or several other options depending on which group I use.

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Huh?  800 rows of pixels?  How big is your tree?

And SuperStar will happily import more than 16 rows.  My tree is 26 x 100 pixels and SuperStar will happily import that just fine - or add 270 pixels for the star, or 300 pixels for the arches, or 570 pixels for the arches and star, or several other options depending on which group I use.

Sorry 800 pixels. I would have to have a super huge SS ccr upgrade for those. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr