Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Playback on Actual Lights

PostmasterX

I've tried searching through questions, but I haven't found the answer. When I'm developing a sequence, is there a way to see how it looks on the actual lights, so I can make changes, rather than just the playback window? Or is the only way to actually see the lights to "publish" a show? 

2 hours ago, PostmasterX said:

I've tried searching through questions, but I haven't found the answer. When I'm developing a sequence, is there a way to see how it looks on the actual lights, so I can make changes, rather than just the playback window? Or is the only way to actually see the lights to "publish" a show? 

That's what the preview is for. Are you using the default preview instead of a picture and props preview?

JR

Sure can.  In S5, before you can control the actual lights, you must have the LOR Control Panel running - which in turn will start the Comm Listener.  Take a look at the screen capture below.  Click the Control Lights tab on the far right (the red arrow) and the Control Lights tab will come out as shown.  The blue arrow will list all your networks.  If you have more than three networks as I do, you will see a scroll bar on the right (the brown arrow).  When I move that scroll bar, my fourth network will show up.  Select or unselect the networks that you want or don't want to control.  In my case during off season sequencing, I uncheck the three shown and only control my E1.31 networks.  Once you have the correct network or networks selected, you can select the checkbox for Control Lights (the green arrow).

In my case, primarily I am wanting to control my P5 and P10 panels.  The rest of the lights are either in storage or being used for my year round landscape lighting.

S5_Control_lights.png

• Like 1