Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when opening a new music sequence?

wildredhead

I am trying to start a new music sequence, but when I try to upload a music file I get an error, a vague one "error creating new musical sequence". It is a mp3 file playing off of windows 98, with an updated windows media player. What is the problem? I thought that the sequence editor supported all music files? Do I have to convert the file? If so how would I do that?

Does it do it every time you create a new one? Have you ever been able to create a musical sequence with this machine?

I ran into this once, on a known good working laptop. I simply had to reboot the thing to get it to create a sequence.

LOR should be able to play MP3 files. With that said:

If you directly open the MP3 using Windows Media Player, that is not using LOR at all, does WMP play it correctly?

Does the MP3 have any Digital Rights Management?

If you want to convert the file, a lot of people use the free program Audacity, which can be found at:

If you're going to convert it, I personally recommend converting to WAV, but again, MP3 should be fine (just make sure to use constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate).

It does do it every time I try to create a musical sequence. Would I have to reboot every time I try to make a musical sequence if that is the solution?

That's the thing it plays fine on the media player- so I do not know why it would not work. Would converting help?

Does the MP3 have any Digital Rights Management?

I'm not sure what you're asking about with respect to rebooting. Does it work after you reboot, or something?

Converting might help. You would have to try it to know.

Could you send me a copy of the MP3?

I know you said "an updated windows media player", but exactly what version of WMP are you using?

When you say "Windows 98", is it actually just plain Windows 98, or is it Windows 98 SE ("Second Edition")?