Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview Design Help

dibblejr

I have seen this discussed but searched and couldn't find it.

I had a great working preview for my Corona show.

I started saving my props and exporting and importing in to my Halloween Preview. 

After importing all with ME rows and pasting a sequence to all rows for testing I have 3 props that do not light more than 1 node. 

2- Firesticks and 1 section of 8 of my roof outline. They all work on the Corona Show preview. I have deleted and reimported but that didn't work. That was when I realized the 2 Firesticks show 1 pixel in the preview design. Set it at 50 saved and still 1 pixel. Go back to preview design it shows one pixel again. Chased this many times before giving up. It does the same with the 2nd firestick.

The roofline section shows 50 pixels as should be it has the exact same settings as the others but it is showing a huge circles on the preview screen.

All efforts to change it do not work. It is set as bulbs left to right as it should be.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Never ends.

JR

And is why I keep from moving to S5 and quit messing with the PE in S4, nothing but problem after problem in getting things set up and working.  And is why I will only use the SE in S4 and stay with using that part for doing my displays.

I think the way the PE and S5 work are just too dad-blasted complicated and I like some things like adding props, lights, etcetera to be simple to do.  

And it seems what is simple in the SE in S4, just got too complicated and confusing in the PE of S5 and everything in S5.  I can't even get a straight left to right horizontal or vertical up/down line of RGB bulbs to show up in the S4 PE or in S5 when I tried it.  They always come out as circular pattern and I didn't choose a dad-blasted circle, I chose a line.  

But I'll be danged if I can get a straight line of left/right, right/left or up/down strand of bulbs in the S4 PE or in S5.

So just give me the OLD S4 Animation Window anytime.  May be a pain to set up things in it, but at least I can get it to do what I need it too.

To those that love S5 or the PE in older versions of the Software Suite, Great, I'm happy it works for you, it just doesn't for me.

But for me after spending hours on hours with them, and not getting results.  Well, I've just given up on them for adding props or sequencing my displays.

Edited by Orville

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

2- Firesticks and 1 section of 8 of my roof outline. They all work on the Corona Show preview. I have deleted and reimported but that didn't work. That was when I realized the 2 Firesticks show 1 pixel in the preview design. Set it at 50 saved and still 1 pixel. Go back to preview design it shows one pixel again. Chased this many times before giving up. It does the same with the 2nd firestick.

Were they by chance set for dumb RGB rather than pixels?

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Were they by chance set for dumb RGB rather than pixels?

Nope, everything is set they same as the other sections that work fine. 

JR

I got him going.

@MattBrown

Creating standard prop of bulbs with 50 nodes in preview designer will create a circle prop for some reason. This is the issue JR was having. We both expected a straight line of bulbs and not a circle.

Once again, I did a work around due to the bugs in S5. I can reproduce this as well on my system.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

I got him going.

@MattBrown

Creating standard prop of bulbs with 50 nodes in preview designer will create a circle prop for some reason. This is the issue JR was having. We both expected a straight line of bulbs and not a circle.

Once again, I did a work around due to the bugs in S5. I can reproduce this as well on my system.

Well that's an annoying "BUG" that should have been "SQUASHED" by now.

And that "BUG" should be fixed in CURRENT and PREVIOUS versions of the software for those NOT wanting to move over to S5 yet and/or wanting to use the PE in earlier versions. 

Just because you use less nodes, whatever that number is {under 100?} SHOULD NOT create a circle if that IS NOT what was selected!

Why hasn't this been fixed?   Very annoying when you try and set up a line of 50 nodes per port on OLDER CCB100D Controllers that only handle 50 nodes per port, and instead of a line, you get a circle!  Which makes it hard to do {AND SEE} what you're trying to set up!