Light-O-Rama Forums

Today

Bruce Ingebretsen

Very exciting!!! woot.gif (and busy!)

I decided to do a late project and re-do my Bethlehem star in C7 lights instead of the minis I first used. Now instead of a 3' high star that was only going to use ~1.3A of power I have a 6'2" giant that is going to gulp down ~7.5A... which I didn't account for so I'm going to have to re-route some controller channels. :D It's all fun though!!!

-Jeff

I am pumped up!! Put up my first lights yesterday on my roof (since the weather is still decent). And will probably do a few more today after church!! I'm just trying to hurry the time along so I can start this thing. Almost 30 days until showtime.

• 2 years later...

Jeffrey wrote:

I decided to do a late project and re-do my Bethlehem star in C7 lights instead of the minis I first used. Now instead of a 3' high star that was only going to use ~1.3A of power I have a 6'2" giant that is going to gulp down ~7.5A... which I didn't account for so I'm going to have to re-route some controller channels. :) It's all fun though!!!

-Jeff

I am going to build a Bethlehem Star this year and retire a star that I have been using for probably 10 years now. But I have a question that I think I know the answer to but I want to be positive.

I'm pretty sure you are all using three channels for this star, what I want to make sure about is on what. I figure one channel is for the inner star, the second is for the larger star and the third is for the rays. Is that correct?

I'm going to build a slightly scaled down version of Walters wire frame since it is so windy here in Los Banos CA. I will also have to redesign the roof mounting method since my roof is different than those shown.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

kzaas wrote:

Jeffrey wrote:

I decided to do a late project and re-do my Bethlehem star in C7 lights instead of the minis I first used. Now instead of a 3' high star that was only going to use ~1.3A of power I have a 6'2" giant that is going to gulp down ~7.5A... which I didn't account for so I'm going to have to re-route some controller channels. :) It's all fun though!!!

-Jeff

I am going to build a Bethlehem Star this year and retire a star that I have been using for probably 10 years now. But I have a question that I think I know the answer to but I want to be positive.

I'm pretty sure you are all using three channels for this star, what I want to make sure about is on what. I figure one channel is for the inner star, the second is for the larger star and the third is for the rays. Is that correct?

I'm going to build a slightly scaled down version of Walters wire frame since it is so windy here in Los Banos CA. I will also have to redesign the roof mounting method since my roof is different than those shown.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

This should help:

http://holdman.com/christmas/star/

xmasboy wrote:

kzaas wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

-Jeff

Thanks in advance,

Ken

This should help:

http://holdman.com/christmas/star/

Thanks, that helped me figure it out.