Light-O-Rama Forums

question on singing face timings

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

I will post what I have up tomorrow. I have 2 singing faces done. And over half of my house outline done all with motion effect.... I haven’t figured out what I’m going to use for my beats in the yard. But I have 32 channels to play with there. I’m happy to have some channels left over this year! 

How are you guys recording your screen for YouTube videos? And how to you put the license stuff for the music in so the sound will not get deleted on YouTube and Facebook?

7 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

I will post what I have up tomorrow. I have 2 singing faces done. And over half of my house outline done all with motion effect.... I haven’t figured out what I’m going to use for my beats in the yard. But I have 32 channels to play with there. I’m happy to have some channels left over this year! 

This is the only song I have done where the beats are exactly even from start to finish. Made it super easy to do.

7 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

How are you guys recording your screen for YouTube videos? And how to you put the license stuff for the music in so the sound will not get deleted on YouTube and Facebook?

I use a program called snagit. Just select your preview window and it does the rest.

I am not sure how Youtube does the blocking on certain songs, but I have only had a couple over the past 5 years get blocked. Re-uploaded them, and they are good to go. 😉

I don't do Facebook so I know nothing about this.

Got it! Had to get my wife to upload it for me. I don’t have any accounts.... me and my bride aren’t your normal millennials :) all our friends call us the old people.

im still working on the motions. ( don’t pay attention to those!) But I believe I’m done with the singing faces.
Just took the video with my iPhone.

Looking good.  That's all done with motion effects? I just started using them a lot in this song. I have some bugs with them that I am hoping will be resolved if LOR support ever replies back...

I wish I had smart pixels on my house. That's slatted to be upgraded this year, but we shall see. I have spent way to much on upgrading my props this year already. This dang hobby!

Thanks!! My first singing props!! And yeah. Due to the lighting and my iPhone camera, you can’t really see the colors. These are all 3 node smart modules that JR uses on his house. He recommended them. but they took a month and 2 days to get here from China. This is only my second year,, I wanted to go on and jump right into pixels before I ended up with 10 AC controllers.. I’ve still gotta get the pumpkins, the pumpkin lights. And 1 more dumb controller.... as far as my house outline, I have everything I need but a few more lights. I’m waiting on my Holiday Coro pigtails and power supplies for power injection points..... JR helped me the other night with some of my channel conflicts, and after that.,, NONE of my house outline was working. I figured it out though.! Your sequence looks amazing! I may request it so I can get the beats.... I’ve got 32 spare channels. I just don’t know what route I’m going to take as far as Using the AC controllers.

Edited by weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com
Added info

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

I use a program called snagit. Just select your preview window and it does the rest.

I am not sure how Youtube does the blocking on certain songs, but I have only had a couple over the past 5 years get blocked. Re-uploaded them, and they are good to go. 😉

You know you work for YouTube, you can tell us, we wont say anything.

I told you , you rent the machine, I will drive up and we will put smart pixels on your house.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

FaceBook WILL block songs.  Uploaded some videos and they removed them, even though "claimed under the fair use act", they don't care, if it's a copyrighted song, doesn't matter, FaceBook WILL REMOVE IT!  Even had the artists permission to use them, but FB still removed those too.   So I quit trying to post videos to my FB Timeline unless I create the music myself ot it can be provenm to be in the Public Domain, no more videos on FB for me.

Alright this is the last update to the sequence.

Added the character heads moving left to right on 1 column and right to left on the other. It's DONE!