Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody done DMX through an ECG P12s

packen

If you have please tell me how to make it work. there is no documentation on this controller. i dont know if I need to change jumpers or what. I cant make it connect with my CTB19PC controller.

Help...

Thanks

I know very little about that board, but a quick look on the J1sys site tells me it's probably ethernet based, not LOR, Plugging into a CTB16 will NOT work and may fry something. (I Hope Not)

It has to be configured as a network device with an IP address and connected to the Ethernet port of your PC. The jacks on the LOR controller and the LOR adaptor are the same as ethernet but TOTALLY incompatible. I suggest you don't blindly plug it in to anything until you have the appropriate manual. You also need to power it with the appropriate power supply.

Surly there are manuals on the Joshua site. If all else fails email the supplier to point you at the info. Manuals are almost always online for these kind of products.

Do a search for EGC P12s and you get quite a few hits. You might have to sign up with AusChristmaslighting to download files, but they're OK. There is also a lot of general Pixel info on there.

LOR is quite capable of controlling an E1.31 card, all my pixel controllers are E1.31 over ethernet but you need a manual to help you set it up.

Packen  I run a ecg P12  don’t understand your question. Do you want to run DMX  out of the ECG  or to the ECG 

I dont have any trouble configuring  the P12S in my network and running my pixels. Been doing that for 5 years now.

I am a member of the AusChristmas site. the manual they have is for the P12R, which was the one before the P12S. The difference in the two boards is they added two ports for DMX. the only problem is, there is no manual for this updated controller and the older one doesnt have the DMX. Anytime i search all the references come back to the P12R. I have contacted J1SYS, the manufacturer of the board wirh no reply.

Dennis Laff,

I want to run my CTB16PC controllers in DMX out of the P12S controller

13 minutes ago, packen said:

I dont have any trouble configuring  the P12S in my network and running my pixels. Been doing that for 5 years now.

I am a member of the AusChristmas site. the manual they have is for the P12R, which was the one before the P12S. The difference in the two boards is they added two ports for DMX. the only problem is, there is no manual for this updated controller and the older one doesnt have the DMX. Anytime i search all the references come back to the P12R. I have contacted J1SYS, the manufacturer of the board wirh no reply.

Well, with all due respect, a little of that information in your original post would have saved me a useless post.

Packen  you have to have the latest software downloaded then a screen would how to setup the DMX ports  .However i sent a board to be repaired to Ed 2 years ago i gave up trying to contact him never got the board or an email so i switched to Falcons  

Philmassey,

I am sorry. I was just hoping that somebody else had done this and would reply. I do appreciate your trying to help though. Thank you very much

Dennis Laff,

I do have the latest software. There is a screen for configuring those ports but it still doesn't make connection  with my CTB controller. that's why I wondered if maybe there was a jumper somewhere that needed to be switched. Support at J1SYS is very bad and there is no manual for this board. They won't answer my emails. I bought this a few years ago, if I had known how they were I would have bought somewhere else. This controller works great for my pixels so I wont replace it. I'll keep trying  Thanks for your help..

No problem. I remember looking at J1sys back in the day. Based on what you report I'm glad now I went with Sandevices and Falcon.

If their are no jumpers to adjust the DMX ports to LOR  then you need a crossover cable to first LOR box

Packen you might try to look up Andy Harrison on the Aussie forum  I believe  he was a good guy to talk to about Jousha systems  controllers

• 6 months later...

Hello sorry for my english i m french debutant. I have 2 controller and g3 mp3 director. This year i insert dmx with enttec dongle usb. Enttec run perfectly with pc usb but i don t anderstand the cable i need to connect enttec at g3 mp3 or controller...

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked