Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 SuperStar import to S5

jwblazek

Rows and proper names are visible, programmed in S4 SE. Trees came across fine, bulbs did not

1 minute ago, jwblazek said:

Rows and proper names are visible, programmed in S4 SE. Trees came across fine, bulbs did not

I pixel pack my DMX faces.
Did you add the rows to them. Right click on the prop and I believe it’s towards the bottom.

How large was the import file? 

Don't see anything like that JR. Total file including intensity file was only 4.001KB, works fine in S4

Pixel pack?

42 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Ok, I didn't read all of the chain. Glad the SS props are working Ok.

I don't know why the singing trees came across OK but the singing bulbs did not.

Do the singing bulbs appear in the Preview at all? Or are they there, but the sequencing isn't there?

yes, trees and bulbs appear fine in visualizer, including network and channel assignments

2 hours ago, jwblazek said:

Don't see anything like that JR. Total file including intensity file was only 4.001KB, works fine in S4

Pixel pack?

Meaning I have multiple mouth movements Ect/ different props controlled per universe.

ie; I have Outline, Top Lip and O mouth on 1 universe and the other 5 movements in the next universe

Lets me get max # of faces per controller. I can get 8 HC singing RGB faces on one 16 port pixel controller.

Right click on the prop in the “grid view” , left of the blank sequence screen.

You will see something like insert channels towards the bottom. My S5 computer is in my garage I will have a look at it in the morning.

Being I’m not doing much with S5 I do not know it by memory, I have to look. Perhaps someone else will answer by tomorrow morning.

JR

thanks JR. Don't see anything like that.  Only way I can see having 8 HC RGB faces on a single 16 port controller is to have multiple props tied together physically

5 hours ago, jwblazek said:

thanks JR. Don't see anything like that.  Only way I can see having 8 HC RGB faces on a single 16 port controller is to have multiple props tied together physically

I am talking RGB , DMX not AC, I think you are confusing the two and not fully understanding the DMX world. 

That's what pixel packing is except each prop on a universe  are still individually controllable.

Basically you have to know what pixels go to which face/ movement.

When you set up your DMX universes you assign the pixels to whichever universe/ channel you need. In the past pixel packing has been discouraged but if I didn't pixel pack there would be a waste of pixels. IE, I would have to set it up just like an AC controller and where say for instance on the HC singing RGB bulbs the closed eye is only 8 pixels.

The HC RGB singing bulbs are 200 pixels and comes out perfect at 100 nodes each universe for all movements.

I also have multiple props on my 2nd DMX controller works the same way. You just assign the pixels and props to a universe. 

For your other problem try right clicking on the prop in the grid view. You said your props are listed but just a black screen. "Convert to Grid View" I believe on my first import that is what I had to do to get rid of the black screen and view my sequence. That was in January. My DMX faces imported perfectly as stated. They were also copied in S5 so when I built my new preview I did not have to build them. All other DMX props were built from scratch in the preview design.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I think someone needs to do a remote session with jwblazek.

Do you have TeamViewer on your computer?

Click, got it now. Using  DMX on my 4 singing bulbs and to keep it simple (and had spare hardware at the time) use 4 universes (1 per singing bulb) to control 600 pixels. i have the Boscoyo bulbs as I recall. Not certain why I was thinking you were running the trees ob a CTB16 or equiv.

This S5 is really new to me. I converted to grid view and sequence appeared. Not playing in preview yet, but will remove the bulbs from the preview and re-import them. that's what I had tro do with the Mega tree

Going to give S5 thru the weekend to figure out in my mind or will do 2020 in S4

Thanks JR

K6ccc - see latest post from me. Singing bulbs  sequences populated now appear after converting to grid view. No idea why I had to do this for this prop yet the singing trees populated and played fine

Bulbs not playing in preview but will delete from preview and re-import the prop as I did with the mega tree. Again, 4 singing's trees had no issue

Seems the migration has issues with intensity files and DMX. The singing bulbs are DMX, the singing trees are AC

i do have team viewer installed

AND, its not with all sequences . I migrated another sequence before this one, same props, built last year and came straight across. Going to do migrate another here shortly

I have never tried a migration of sequences with Intensity files - although when I was using S4, ALL sequencing was created in SuperStar and run as intensity files.  As I seem to recall, in the early S5 days the migration would not work at all with Intensity files.  Even if it could migrate the intensity files, I would assume there would be no way to edit those files.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I have never tried a migration of sequences with Intensity files - although when I was using S4, ALL sequencing was created in SuperStar and run as intensity files.  As I seem to recall, in the early S5 days the migration would not work at all with Intensity files.  Even if it could migrate the intensity files, I would assume there would be no way to edit those files.

Correct- legacy mode.

I didn’t have Anh luck with intensity files either.

JR

Click, got it now. Using  DMX on my 4 singing bulbs and to keep it simple (and had spare hardware at the time) use 4 universes (1 per singing bulb) to control 600 pixels. i have the Boscoyo bulbs as I recall. Not certain why I was thinking you were running the trees ob a CTB16 or equiv.

This S5 is really new to me. I converted to grid view and sequence appeared. Not playing in preview yet, but will remove the bulbs from the preview and re-import them. that's what I had tro do with the Mega tree

Going to give S5 thru the weekend to figure out in my mind or will do 2020 in S4

Thanks JR

No problem, glad I could help esp when I am new and limited use to S5

Are you taking the S5 webinar from Don?

sorry Don had to skip two weeks in a row. Tearing down the Covid show tonight. Can’t do it in the heat.

JR

49 minutes ago, jwblazek said:

Webinar from Don?  Would like to, when / how?

This thread:

Webinar from Don?  Would like to, when / how?

He may let you join in.

JR