Light-O-Rama Forums

Did I make a mistake ???

Traffic

Last year I bought a standalone 16 channel deluxe kit.

This year I bought a 16 Channel non-deluxe kit thinking i would chain them together and have 32 channels. But now I see the non-deluxe board does not have a rotary switch to set the board ID. I thought the first board would just control the second.

So.................can I control the second board or did i goof??????

Traffic wrote:

Last year I bought a standalone 16 channel deluxe kit.

This year I bought a 16 Channel non-deluxe kit thinking i would chain them together and have 32 channels. But now I see the non-deluxe board does not have a rotary switch to set the board ID. I thought the first board would just control the second.

So.................can I control the second board or did i goof??????

Sound's like your "non-deluxe board" is a PC board - Looks like this: yhst-1552586516070_2020_6632698 ?

If so you have to set your ID in the hardware utility. The two boards can talk to each other just fine.

Harrison

Right -- in addition to the PC boards certain CTB-08 and CTB16 boards don't have rotary switches. Just bring up the hardware utility, connect only the new board, and assign it an ID. It will remember the ID from then on, even if you unplug it.

Your deluxe board will then be able to control it just fine.

-Tim

They are right on! I have the same equipment. Just take the new board ONLY and plug it in. Then on the left side change existing controller 1 to 2.

It is just that easy. To check and make sure your settings worked, go to "Select Unit to Configure, select the refresh button and number 2 should show up.

DON'T CHANGE THE JUMPERS! it isn't pretty.

Jim

Attached files 159866=9278-Untitled.jpg

I want to run in a standalone mode.

I bought the CTB16k Non-deluxe this year and the CTB16k deluxe last year

So from what I understand I could have bought the CTB16PC and saved a couple of bucks.

Would the 16 CTBK with it's standalone abilities be able to control the PC versions ???

Traffic wrote:

Would the 16 CTBK with it's standalone abilities be able to control the PC versions ???

Yes (as long as the 'master' is deluxe, it can control any LOR controller).

-Tim