Jump to content

SIck of Hearing Song After Sequencing It


Recommended Posts

You ever program a sequence to a song that you LOVED before sequencing it, only to ... not hate it, but not love it so much after sequencing?  Just recently for me it's been Shake Up Christmas by Train. What's yours?

Edited by Star Lord
Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally most songs grow on me as I sequence faces for others. Songs I would have never heard always seem to end up in my displays.

Baby Shark- that's another story.

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how I felt when I started: :D

Then as I progress along like this after about 5-10 times of listening to it to make it better: 🤔

Then after about another 30 times I start looking like this: 🥴

Another 10-15 times and 🥴 goes into this: 🤪

And finally when it's showtime and I hear the song, it sometimes comes to me like this: 🤮

But on some exceptions at show time {depending on how long I had to go over the song and time sequencing it}, it might come to me like this: 🤩

That's the ONLY way I could really explain my feelings on this topic! 🤣  

And as Don said: "Welcome to the hobby.:)"

Edited by Orville
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orville said:

This is how I felt when I started: :D

Then as I progress along like this after about 5-10 times of listening to it to make it better: 🤔

Then after about another 30 times I start looking like this: 🥴

Another 10-15 times and 🥴 goes into this: 🤪

And finally when it's showtime and I hear the song, it sometimes comes to me like this: 🤮

But on some exceptions at show time {depending on how long I had to go over the song and time, it might come to me like this: 🤩

That's the ONLY way I could really explain my feelings on this topic! 🤣  

And as Don said: "Welcome to the hobby.:)"

Doing faces I hear a song thousands of times, milliseconds at a time. LOL

Samsung will not support my warranties because HDD are only good for X amount of rewrites. They asked me last year what I use the computer for and I explained to them , unknowing what they were thinking. They told me they would replace the Evo860 one more time and after that they would no longer support me. They ,ad a note in my account concerning warranties. Even an SSD is only good for so many rewrites. Everything I have is Samsung SSD's so I guess I need to find another mfg.

Just have to remember to backup because I never know when I hit that magic number.

One a year is about par for me. 

JR

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have dreams about the songs i am working on.... 

i can't think of many that i hated afterwards, although there are the ones i wonder why I spent so much time on.   The Frozen 2 theme last year was a cool song, but while everyone's  favorite is Let it Go, no one knew that song (even people that had seen the movie). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Samsung will not support my warranties because HDD are only good for X amount of rewrites. They asked me last year what I use the computer for and I explained to them , unknowing what they were thinking. They told me they would replace the Evo860 one more time and after that they would no longer support me. They ,ad a note in my account concerning warranties. Even an SSD is only good for so many rewrites. Everything I have is Samsung SSD's so I guess I need to find another mfg.

Sounds like a cop out to me. Wear leveling should even things out so a drive lasts years. It's not like you write every time you play that ms of sequence. Check out tihs article.

https://www.ontrack.com/blog/2018/02/07/how-long-do-ssds-really-last/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Doing faces I hear a song thousands of times, milliseconds at a time. LOL

Samsung will not support my warranties because HDD are only good for X amount of rewrites. They asked me last year what I use the computer for and I explained to them , unknowing what they were thinking. They told me they would replace the Evo860 one more time and after that they would no longer support me. They ,ad a note in my account concerning warranties. Even an SSD is only good for so many rewrites. Everything I have is Samsung SSD's so I guess I need to find another mfg.

Just have to remember to backup because I never know when I hit that magic number.

One a year is about par for me. 

JR

 

 

That sure sounds strange.  I've got HDD's in my one of my older computers {pre-Sata} that are close to or over 30 years old, they were used for old BBS systems when I ran one for several years before the Internet came about and killed those off.   And those HDD drives are still in operation today.  Of course I always stuck with Winchester HDD's mostly, but have some other manufactures in there.   Don't think I have any Samsung though, and this sounds like a good reason NOT to support them by NOT buying their HDD's.  If they can't hold up for more than a year, there MUST be something that is inherently wrong with them in their design.  They should last 10 times or more than that time span!

At least now, if I ever do want to add a new HD, I know which company to stay away from.  Don't buy their digital cameras either.  I bought a couple and they didn't hold up very well at all, less than 2 years I was replacing them due to failures. After the 2nd failure after their 1 year limited warranty EXPIRED{then they start failing!}, I started using strictly Canon and Nikon Digital Cameras, and I've worn them out too, but they lasted at least 5-7 years or more before I had to buy a replacement.  I won't even touch Samsung cell phones, not that I have one, I don't, the wife does, but it's not a Samsung!  So now, it's going to be, "If it's a Samsung product, JUST SAY NO!".

Edited by Orville
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some are good. Some are bad.

The worst was "Disco Santa" I did for a customer a few years ago.

It drove me crazy. Had to sequence during the morning so my head was clear before I went to bed.

My favorite was "Imperial March".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orville said:

That sure sounds strange.  I've got HDD's in my one of my older computers {pre-Sata} that are close to or over 30 years old, they were used for old BBS systems when I ran one for several years before the Internet came about and killed those off.   And those HDD drives are still in operation today.  Of course I always stuck with Winchester HDD's mostly, but have some other manufactures in there.   Don't think I have any Samsung though, and this sounds like a good reason NOT to support them by NOT buying their HDD's.  If they can't hold up for more than a year, there MUST be something that is inherently wrong with them in their design.  They should last 10 times or more than that time span!

At least now, if I ever do want to add a new HD, I know which company to stay away from.  Don't buy their digital cameras either.  I bought a couple and they didn't hold up very well at all, less than 2 years I was replacing them due to failures. After the 2nd failure after their 1 year limited warranty EXPIRED{then they start failing!}, I started using strictly Canon and Nikon Digital Cameras, and I've worn them out too, but they lasted at least 5-7 years or more before I had to buy a replacement.  I won't even touch Samsung cell phones, not that I have one, I don't, the wife does, but it's not a Samsung!  So now, it's going to be, "If it's a Samsung product, JUST SAY NO!".

My friend, its not the one year, its the number or rewrites. As explained to me, if it takes me 3-5 rewrites to get the money spot in a word and I do that thousands of times per sequence along with rewrites for the colors and everything else it takes. Multiply that by the hours along with daily use of the computer. Its a trade off. Samsung SSDs are among the best out there. I just reach the life expectancy quicker than most people I guess. But I have fun doing it and will continue to purchase the EVO series SSD's/

I'm not mad at them because before going to SSD's my Seagate's didn't last long and I spent a lot of money sending an old Seagate HDD to Samsung to recover family pictures. Many here remember that saga along with my multiple drive crashes. 

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

Some are good. Some are bad.

The worst was "Disco Santa" I did for a customer a few years ago.

It drove me crazy. Had to sequence during the morning so my head was clear before I went to bed.

My favorite was "Imperial March".

 

I can think of 3 real quick that I have done for some here that once completed was deleted. Need a translator for one of them, it was that bad. LOL

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Sounds like a cop out to me. Wear leveling should even things out so a drive lasts years. It's not like you write every time you play that ms of sequence. Check out tihs article.

https://www.ontrack.com/blog/2018/02/07/how-long-do-ssds-really-last/

Yep, they explained that to me but one point they made to me was rewrites in consecutive sessions are not the same as just data being written. If I recall correctly he compared it to the old way of defragging our computers to keep things internally tidy.

Remember I am not an IT guy and relied on all of you for your advice during my times of troubles with my HDD's and sending it to Samsung to get Data recovered. It was well worth it.

Also you and Jim steered me in the right direction of SDD's which have turned out well by speeding up my machines and not hearing all of the clicking and scratching that made me nervous with my HDD's.

Had I known why Samsung asked me what I was using them for that kept them crashing perhaps my reply would have been different however I thought they could see it and I tend to try to be honest. So I explained it. The help desk person I thought was showing interest in light shows but I guess he was troubleshooting technology.

All of mine are Evo 860 Pros now and so far so good. The last one that went down was an 850 I believe. 

I guess if I could afford one of those commercial SSD's I may be better off but they are probably ridiculously high priced. I didn't even know until your article there was a difference. I figured "Pro" meant something. LOL

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I can think of 3 real quick that I have done for some here that once completed was deleted. Need a translator for one of them, it was that bad. LOL

JR

You might find some of those Spanish songs I'm trying to do in that category.  Sometimes they do sound a bit off to someone that may not understand or speaks any Spanish.   I'm learning the Spanish language as I can, mainly because my neighborhood is primarily Spanish folk and I just want to get some Spanish songs into my Christmas show if possible. 

And they sound nice to me, but then I attended a Spanish Church for almost 2-3 years before I started going to the church I'm in now, which is mainly English speaking, but we do have some interesting folks that do Missionary work from countries like Israel, Turkey and others come in and speak to us in their Native language with a translator. 

But with what's going on now, we aren't doing church as normal, or having our missionary visitors come to speak.  It's drive in church now, so the associate pastor picks us up and we stay in the car with him for Sunday's service.  All our other services and events have been cancelled thanks to the Covid-19 mess we're in.

But I still keep plugging away at my sequences, and when I get bored with that, or decide I really need a break from it, I check my e-mail and check in here, as well as other sites I use, then back to it or watch TV for a bit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orville said:

You might find some of those Spanish songs I'm trying to do in that category.  Sometimes they do sound a bit off to someone that may not understand or speaks any Spanish.   I'm learning the Spanish language as I can, mainly because my neighborhood is primarily Spanish folk and I just want to get some Spanish songs into my Christmas show if possible. 

And they sound nice to me, but then I attended a Spanish Church for almost 2-3 years before I started going to the church I'm in now, which is mainly English speaking, but we do have some interesting folks that do Missionary work from countries like Israel, Turkey and others come in and speak to us in their Native language with a translator. 

But with what's going on now, we aren't doing church as normal, or having our missionary visitors come to speak.  It's drive in church now, so the associate pastor picks us up and we stay in the car with him for Sunday's service.  All our other services and events have been cancelled thanks to the Covid-19 mess we're in.

But I still keep plugging away at my sequences, and when I get bored with that, or decide I really need a break from it, I check my e-mail and check in here, as well as other sites I use, then back to it or watch TV for a bit.

 

They will be fine, reading two threads and replied to this one on the other thread.

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

My friend, its not the one year, its the number or rewrites. As explained to me, if it takes me 3-5 rewrites to get the money spot in a word and I do that thousands of times per sequence along with rewrites for the colors and everything else it takes. Multiply that by the hours along with daily use of the computer. Its a trade off. Samsung SSDs are among the best out there. I just reach the life expectancy quicker than most people I guess. But I have fun doing it and will continue to purchase the EVO series SSD's/

I'm not mad at them because before going to SSD's my Seagate's didn't last long and I spent a lot of money sending an old Seagate HDD to Samsung to recover family pictures. Many here remember that saga along with my multiple drive crashes. 

JR

Wow, I've probably rewritten data, as well as de-fragmented my hard drives for years, and I'll bet I've written and re-written to them millions of times over the period of years I've had them, and they still work fine, no noises, still as whisper quiet as the day they were installed.  I never had issues with Winchester or Seagate Drives at all, but have had issues with some of Samsungs products.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orville said:

Wow, I've probably rewritten data, as well as de-fragmented my hard drives for years, and I'll bet I've written and re-written to them millions of times over the period of years I've had them, and they still work fine, no noises, still as whisper quiet as the day they were installed.  I never had issues with Winchester or Seagate Drives at all, but have had issues with some of Samsungs products.

 

They probably don't make them like they used to. My wifes laptop was 14 years old when it first crashed. Dell. Millineum.

The laptop I got from the Army to attend college lasted about 10 years. It was a rugged. I don't recall who made that. Could toss that thing around, play in the sand, no problems. 

My current sequencing computer is a Dell gaming, worked perfect until an update and it installed an audio driver that wiped out the bass system. Dell has no fix, blames it on MS update, My show computer is an Alienware (Dell) gaming but higher end. I keep getting the same pop up for over a year and it takes about 5 times of closing it before it goes away. However on each bootup it comes back. That's the one that wiped out the bass on this one. Not falling for it on the show computer and as far as Dell knows there is no removing iy unless MS does it on their end.

Now I have no bass unless using my headset which is 75% of the time.

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

They probably don't make them like they used to. My wifes laptop was 14 years old when it first crashed. Dell. Millineum.

The laptop I got from the Army to attend college lasted about 10 years. It was a rugged. I don't recall who made that. Could toss that thing around, play in the sand, no problems. 

My current sequencing computer is a Dell gaming, worked perfect until an update and it installed an audio driver that wiped out the bass system. Dell has no fix, blames it on MS update, My show computer is an Alienware (Dell) gaming but higher end. I keep getting the same pop up for over a year and it takes about 5 times of closing it before it goes away. However on each bootup it comes back. That's the one that wiped out the bass on this one. Not falling for it on the show computer and as far as Dell knows there is no removing iy unless MS does it on their end.

Now I have no bass unless using my headset which is 75% of the time.

JR

Now that sucks.  You couldn't use the Restore function to go back BEFORE that update was installed?   I have a Dell System I'm using right now, I had a problem like that for two reasons, an update, and the system was so old the newer software I was installing on it would not work with the sound system and a few other things here and there, I found some older, but newer than what I had and installed them for the type Sound Card the system stated I had in it, along with an old outdated graphics card because the LOR PE wouldn't work due to it wanted a specific driver that Dell told me was unavailable, yet I found one and it works.  I also use the K-Lite software and that also helped with a lot of my video and audio issues.

Too bad you're in Alabama and not closer to me, I seem to have a knack at times finding software or something that is messing up my system and eradicating it.  But need to be at the problem computer to locate it and kill it off.  MS kept popping up wanting me to install Windows 10, it won't work on this system, so I fixed that and now I don't see those pop ups anymore, I found the problem causing it, had to HIDE and make it READ ONLY, it's still on my computer, but it can't access anything and MS can't access it either to keep shoving that pop up reminder in my face!  Take that Microsoft! LOL

Well my doctor is set to call anytime for my tele-appointment, so getting off here for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orville said:

Now that sucks.  You couldn't use the Restore function to go back BEFORE that update was installed?   I have a Dell System I'm using right now, I had a problem like that for two reasons, an update, and the system was so old the newer software I was installing on it would not work with the sound system and a few other things here and there, I found some older, but newer than what I had and installed them for the type Sound Card the system stated I had in it, along with an old outdated graphics card because the LOR PE wouldn't work due to it wanted a specific driver that Dell told me was unavailable, yet I found one and it works.  I also use the K-Lite software and that also helped with a lot of my video and audio issues.

Too bad you're in Alabama and not closer to me, I seem to have a knack at times finding software or something that is messing up my system and eradicating it.  But need to be at the problem computer to locate it and kill it off.  MS kept popping up wanting me to install Windows 10, it won't work on this system, so I fixed that and now I don't see those pop ups anymore, I found the problem causing it, had to HIDE and make it READ ONLY, it's still on my computer, but it can't access anything and MS can't access it either to keep shoving that pop up reminder in my face!  Take that Microsoft! LOL

Well my doctor is set to call anytime for my tele-appointment, so getting off here for now.

Nope, according to Dell there is no fix unless MS puts it in an update. This is a common complaint with this computer now. Not even a wipe and reinstall fixed it. Dell helped me with that process. The only good to come out of this is that the problem has been duly noted with Dell and at the time the laptop was under warranty so if someone starts a class action ls I may get $1 back. LOL

Im afraid on the show computer if I turn off that pop up it will load itself or I will accidentally agree to the audio/ sound update and screw up that more expensive computer. So I deal with the pop up. Luckily they haven't figured out a way to move the popup to the last know rejection click. That would really suck.

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Nope, according to Dell there is no fix unless MS puts it in an update. This is a common complaint with this computer now. Not even a wipe and reinstall fixed it. Dell helped me with that process. The only good to come out of this is that the problem has been duly noted with Dell and at the time the laptop was under warranty so if someone starts a class action ls I may get $1 back. LOL

Im afraid on the show computer if I turn off that pop up it will load itself or I will accidentally agree to the audio/ sound update and screw up that more expensive computer. So I deal with the pop up. Luckily they haven't figured out a way to move the popup to the last know rejection click. That would really suck.

JR

I know all about those idiotic{can I call them that? LOL} Class Action Law Suits.  Want a good laugh, I got a check in the mail from one a few years bacl, and I'll bet you won't believe how much that check was for..........Are you ready for this?  it was for a whopping .01¢, yep, you read right, ONE PENNY!   I wouldn't have even bothered, the postage coast far more than that, then the cost of printing the check.  Now you see why I call them idiotic.  I don't even fool with CAL's any more.  Like you said, most often you only get $1.00, maybe $5.00 if you're lucky.

Just not worth the time to put into making the claim for them in my opinion.

But Win10 pop up wouldn't go away, no matter how many times I told it I didn't want it.  So I had to resort to hiding and making the file READ ONLY to stop it.  It was driving me nuts popping up all the time.  So I rendered it totally useless for Microsoft to access it or reload it {tried deleting it originally, but that didn't work!}, but hiding and making it read only finally stopped it, and them, in their tracks from bothering me any longer with that annoyance.

Pouring the rain here off and on today, so doing a little sequencing on a few songs I'm trying to use for my after Christmas Show.  Not sure if I'll use the singing trees in them or not.  I suppose after Christmas I could just say they are "Singing Pine Trees", instead of Singing Christmas Trees. LOL

 

 

Edited by Orville
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...