Light-O-Rama Forums

Is everyone staying safe out there?

Mr. P

Just now, gsmith37064 said:

Not true... where do you think cheese comes from? 🤣

my bad

7 hours ago, caniac said:

SMH, moon landing was fake!

Nope, definitely not true.  I and my father both worked on the rockets that took astronauts into space.  And since I live in Florida where we launch them from, I got to watch the astronauts get on the rocket and blast off. 

Sorry, but we did go to the moon, just like we will eventually go back to the moon as well as to Mars. 

I also worked on various other "flight" projects and aircraft for military operations over my  working career in electronics, mechanical assembly and some other criteria I can't even mention.

16 hours ago, caniac said:

SMH, moon landing was fake!

If they faked it, they got the audio (propagation delay) timing PERFECT.  I was off the coast of Vietnam listening (Japanese station over-dubbed. The World was paying attention.)  to Earth taking to the Astronauts. You could time the reply on a Analog watch  second hand.

(NB My dad was working in Aerospace Ground support Design. I got a private tour at Goddard)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

If they faked it, they got the audio (propagation delay) timing PERFECT.  I was off the coast of Vietnam listening (Japanese station over-dubbed. The World was paying attention.)  to Earth taking to the Astronauts. You could time the reply on a Analog watch  second hand.

(NB My dad was working in Aerospace Ground support Design. I got a private tour at Goddard)

it was on the interweb so you know its true!!

One of the best Mythbusters I recall, was on debunking fake moonlanding claims. Well done and funny. Of course, the idiots that really believe it was a fake will never ever be convinced otherwise.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled post.

10 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

One of the best Mythbusters I recall, was on debunking fake moonlanding claims. Well done and funny. Of course, the idiots that really believe it was a fake will never ever be convinced otherwise.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled post.

fishingDude

31 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

One of the best Mythbusters I recall, was on debunking fake moonlanding claims. Well done and funny.

Yea, that was a good one.  Still miss that show...

Safe yes, discovered the hunny do list now comes on a roll, every morning I tear off a sheet for that day ,  I cant figure out how I kept all this done when I was working .  But man let me tell you the yard looks great , the sock drawer is completely organized,  I finally threw out those bell bottom jeans from high school (1968) . Have finished three new props for 2020.  Got three more to do . This afternoon ,gutter cleaning ,going to have big rain storms here in Fort Laud starting late tonight . "Safe "yeah, as long as I do the list !!!!!!!!   hehehehehehehehe

David

2 hours ago, caniac said:

fishingDude

Just like one guy that comes to our church on occasion, he truly believes the Earth is completely flat, not round and no matter how much valid proof you give this "nut" he goes off the hard deep end when you refute his flat Earth belief.  And he gets so mad if he can not convince you the Earth is flat and will huff off in a full rage temper tantrum.   Personally I think this particular NUT should be put away in a white coat with very long sleeves that tie in the back and then placed in a rubber room.

I avoid this character as much as possible now, I won't even talk to or go near him, not after one of the other church members told me how he got so angry with someone because they wouldn't believe his flat Earth criteria, that he pulled a knife on them and tried to stab them.  Hence my statement in the last sentence in the above paragraph.  This person is definitely crazy!  He got a little jail time for it, but he's back out now.  This is one person I will *always avoid* no matter what.

Edited by Orville

Orville, as you know if the earth was flat ,cats would have pushed every thing off it by now. !

• Haha 4

Anyone who has been on a Naval ship knows that even the Radar (high on the mast),  no longer can 'see' the port they left at 200 miles.

(It gets pretty lonely, when you can't see land)

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Anyone who has been on a Naval ship knows that even the Radar (high on the mast),  no longer can 'see' the port they left at 200 miles.

(It gets pretty lonely, when you can't see land)

100% Agree

JR

16 hours ago, DLH lites said:

Orville, as you know if the earth was flat ,cats would have pushed every thing off it by now. !

Having cats {and plenty of them}, I KNOW that's the truth.  Anything on a FLAT surface is game on for them to push it right off to the floor!   I'm *always* finding things on the floor where they push them off.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Having cats {and plenty of them}, I KNOW that's the truth.  Anything on a FLAT surface is game on for them to push it right off to the floor!   I'm *always* finding things on the floor where they push them off.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Our cat was called Newton for his interest in gravity.   He had power to make things move in a downward direction.

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Our cat was called Newton for his interest in gravity.   He had power to make things move in a downward direction.

If I posted all my cats names I'd be writing a novel.🤣  All of our cats have between 2 and 3 names each, and we did have 17, but one of our former roommates cats that we're taking care of{and getting paid for}, well one of the females just gave us 4 new kittens as of 5/7/2020.  So now we have 21, although we'll be looking for homes for the new kittens when they reach the age we can find them one.  Although we may already have a woman that wants all 4 of them.  Still waiting to hear back from her on that.

Be glad when our former roommate will be able to take her cats back.  Keeps getting crowded in here!🤨🤣  All my cats were spayed and neutered until she brought her 5 in, then those 5 made some more, then made some more again, so that now we're up to 21 cats in the house.

Every time I walk through the house it's like walking in a mine field the way they lay all over the place.  One misstep and you either get a harsh meow and a nasty glare or worse, you get attacked, like the mine just exploded.  Oh, so much fun I just can't stand it.🤣🤣🤣

She is working on getting them spayed and neutered, but I'm afraid by the time she gets to them all, well, we'll be way overpopulated with little furry 4 legged critters!😮🤪🤣

Edited by Orville

2 hours ago, caniac said:

Murder Hornets are on the way!!

They've actually been in the US for 2 years, they were photographed in 2018.  Read a story on them a few days ago, and a person somewhere I believe in the mid-west had photographed one, dated and time stamped for 2018 that he killed in his backyard.

But they don't really pose a threat to humans, unless you happen to unfortunately disturb one of their underground nests.  They are mainly predators of Honey Bees.  But these hornets do have a natural enemy, the Praying Mantis.  It will snatch one and then devour it's brain, the same as these "Murder Hornets" do to Honey Bees.

Now since they eat brains, shouldn't they have been named "ZOMBIE Hornets?"😛🤣🤣

On 4/13/2020 at 7:31 AM, Mr. P said:

Has any of our members been unfortunate enough to catch the bug? I haven't been able to go anywhere so I took this years light money and I am laying all wood floors throughout the house. I figured lets shrink that "Honey Do" list so I am laying 4,400 square feet of flooring.

OMG I did 240sq a few years back (Hickory, the thick stuff, not the thin, laminate). WHAT A JOB, but wonderful in the end.