Light-O-Rama Forums

Is everyone staying safe out there?

Mr. P

Has any of our members been unfortunate enough to catch the bug? I haven't been able to go anywhere so I took this years light money and I am laying all wood floors throughout the house. I figured lets shrink that "Honey Do" list so I am laying 4,400 square feet of flooring.

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Has any of our members been unfortunate enough to catch the bug? I haven't been able to go anywhere so I took this years light money and I am laying all wood floors throughout the house. I figured lets shrink that "Honey Do" list so I am laying 4,400 square feet of flooring.

When done, please come do mine. I am still buying light equipment and now have no money left for the floors.

• Like 1

my Halloween sequencing is done, Christmas sequencing is done, two other projects in the works.  next week I start to work on The Black Pearl.

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Nope, and my wife and I are both in the high risk category for it, but so far God has protected us from it.  May He continue to do so as we get through this.  Of course prayer doesn't hurt either.

But I'll be spending that nice government check on some things here at Light-O-Rama that I'd probably not be able to get.   So now I'll be able to get some things to improve my Christmas Display, as well as make it easier for me to run cat5 cables to controllers, since I'm planning on using an N4-G3MP3 Director to hopefully run my shows for 2020 that I have on my shopping list, along with 2 LOR Singing Christmas Trees and some new 25' cat5 cables I'll need and another set of C7 RGB Clearance CCB bulbs for my older CCB100D 5V RGB Controllers.  Then I'll have to work on the sequencing for a lot of the new stuff, fortunately I have had an offer of help from a forum member with the set-up and sequencing of the Singing Trees.   So that'll hope me out a lot as long as I can get everything in time for my 2020 Christmas Display!   I've already purchased {and received} 3 sets of the Clearance CCB bulbs for my older 5V RGB CCB100D Controllers and been working on that part of many of my sequences, but still have a LOT to do with them for 2020.   Always a never ending process.

My wife will be using hers for the home stuff, so when she gets hers, then I'll have the "honey do this" list to start work on.🥴🤣

But we both sat down and talked about how we'd spend the money, and for what.  So it was all a mutual decision.  Was very happy when she agreed to allow me to spend mine on LOR Items I wanted and need! :D

Edited by Orville

Glad the money is going to people who can use it. My wife and I don't qualify as our income is above the threshold but at least we still have jobs and income coming in.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Glad the money is going to people who can use it. My wife and I don't qualify as our income is above the threshold but at least we still have jobs and income coming in.

Glad to hear you're not among the unemployed.  Almost everyone I know has either been furloughed, terminated or had their hours cut so severely they can't make their monthly debt payments.  Fortunately on what my wife and I get on Social Security, it covers our very basic expenses {lot rent/mortgage/power and internet services}, we do have to rely on a couple of other government programs for other needs, like health insurance and food.  

I just wish SS paid at least minimum wage amounts for what would be a basic 40 hour work week/month, then I wouldn't need any government assistance at all.   I don't like being on it, but you have to do what you can to survive in our, unfortunately corrupt and greed filled world.    Thankfully not all are that way. 

If our lot rent was "reasonable", I probably wouldn't need any extra assistance at all with what we have coming in.  I think paying almost $700/month for a small lot {less than 1/4 acre, probably about 1/8 acre} is a bit too much.  But living in a manufactured home park, you're stuck with what they charge for it.  The reason I say the lot rent is unfair is because my manufactured home is a single wide, whereas all other homes that are double-wide and triple wide or larger pay the same exact amount I do.  Either I should be paying a lot less, or they should be paying more since they take up more lots/space.  My mortgage actually went down, only by $3.09, but our lot rent increased $29.00, more than what I got in that low 1.6% raise that SS gave us for 2020.  But we still manage to get the bills paid for the most part, with the exception of food and health insurance that the government/state helps out with.

But we'll keep praying for everyone that this is affecting in a negative way, and that they will be able to pull through these trying times and that they'll get back to work, as well as the children back in school, just as soon as it is possible to do so safely.

Edited by Orville

Luckily I'm able to work from home, so I only have to leave the house once every 7 - 10 days to pick up prescriptions and/or groceries for my family of 5.  Haven't had too much trouble finding TP, but still can't find disinfectant wipes.  Luckily we had a few containers of them before they became impossible to find (I use them to disinfect our groceries in the garage before I bring them into the house).  I'll be furloughed the week of May 3, but luckily the $1200 stimulus check will cover most of my lost net pay for that week.  Thankful to still have my job (for now...knock on wood).

Gonna try to convince my wife to buy a high-wattage inverter generator with her stimulus check.  Now that we have 2 big refrigerators/freezers full of food, and a basement chest freezer full of frozen food, we could lose a lot of food if our power goes out for a few days like it has done several times in the spring/summer over the past 8 yrs.  I'd hate to have to throw out several hundreds of dollars worth of spoiled food and then have to go out shopping to restock the fridges & freezers again.  I think a lot of other people have the same thought because our local Home Depot has no generators in the store, and on their website a lot of the inverter generators are out of stock.  So I guess people are hoarding generators too lol!

Hope y'all are doing OK under the circumstances and staying safe.

Edited by Speedster

Thankfully I haven't caught the virus but since I'm a full time musician there will not be any gigs until the Nevada lockdown is lifted. Fortunately I am not in a dire financial situation and the government stimulus checks will certainly be nice. I wish everyone the best in recovering from this very unusual and crazy situation.

I am mostly working from home.  I am in one of those "essential services" so no work shutdown (I'm a city government employee).  I am getting into the Radio Shop on average about once every week or so, and the rest of the time doing at least most of my job remotely.  I am not making any effort to stay home all the time.  At the very least going out to a drive through for lunch pretty much every day, and a little shopping.  Gotta get out once in a while.  My wife and I have been going out to a drive through for lunch and taking that over to a park.  Still sitting in the car to eay, but the scenery is better than a parking lot!

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I just used "aTube downloader" and downloaded the video earlier before it disappeared again, so now I can watch it when I want too.  This is why I have a video downloader, because of criteria like this that keeps getting deleted before you may be able to watch it.  Because some folks just want to hide things they don't want us to see or hear.  But I got it and will check it out soon.  So HA to them that think they're going to make this just go away.  I have watched a small portion of it, just got to finish watching it.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:31 AM, Mr. P said:

Personally I think a lot of us had it early this year. Ive had the flu before and Jan 31 I had something worse than ever but I hate Dr's so never went. I had pneumonia 3 years in a row before that and they were not that bad. This time I had a cough for 2 months after from what I thought was the flu.

I am also high risk so have for the most part stayed home with the boys while the wife went to work at the hospital.

JR

1 minute ago, caniac said:

SMH, moon landing was fake!

Not true... where do you think cheese comes from? 🤣

• Like 1