Light-O-Rama Forums

Spare waterproof connectors/dangles for 4 pin CCB-5V

nded

I am working on an idea that would benefit from having some additional sets (male and female) of the original 4 pin waterproof connector that used on the "old style" 5V CCB 50 bulb strands.  Is there a source for these, or at least an industry standard name for the connector that was used?  They look like this (grabbed the image from another thread):

CCBreplacementBulbs.jpg

Thanks for any advise you can share.

Ed

Edited by nded
Added a picture for clarity of purpose

I kept searching and may have found the answer to my needs.  In another thread I spotted that LOR sells a 5V 5 foot extender cable located at: Extension - 5V - 4 Pin - Black .  That seems to be exactly what I need.  I'm  not really going to be extending my strings (have seen all the warnings about 5V CCB not liking extension cords).  I'm just working on an idea for implementation in a unique environment.

Thanks anyways for looking at my first thread.

Ed

Watch out for wire colors being different (It does not matter when used as extension because it is pin to pin)

I bought some LOR 10W flood extenders to use as dongles on alternate CMB24. It turns out the colors on the original Flood dongle were not the same pins.

The cable were not bad, just different  Buzz out your creation to be sure (Tag the differences if found)

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, nded said:

I kept searching and may have found the answer to my needs.  In another thread I spotted that LOR sells a 5V 5 foot extender cable located at: Extension - 5V - 4 Pin - Black .  That seems to be exactly what I need.  I'm  not really going to be extending my strings (have seen all the warnings about 5V CCB not liking extension cords).  I'm just working on an idea for implementation in a unique environment.

Thanks anyways for looking at my first thread.

Ed

Talking about an old thread getting emailed to me as new, this is one.

LOR CCR/ CCB/ CCP units etc. are usually the same controllers, cables ect. with the exception of a couple older ones but they sell them in different colors. If you haven't found the answer yet perhaps you could ask the HD by creating a ticket. Send them some pics of what you have and I am sure they can give you an answer right away.

If they do not have what you are looking for you always have the option of buying from a vendor xconnect or similar cables and cut / solder.

Since you only had one reply I figured I would provide my $.02

http://store.lightorama.com/piex.html

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked