Light-O-Rama Forums

Corona: Thank You Ribbon Tree Message

yuthguy

Two years ago I built a 12 ribbon tree and have used other people's amazing programming skills to run holiday shows.  The problem is I don't know how to sequence a 12 ribbon tree for even  a simple word message.  I was hoping someone out there may have already created a "Thank You" message for the health workers and essential service workers who are having to deal directly with the CORVID 19 risks.  I want to simply have the words "Thank you to all who risk your life for us,"  and possibly "We can do this together" or "God's got this, trust Him," and maybe the words "Hope," "Pray," "Love." I would then include an Easter song program cycling with the Thank You messages.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Or if there is a simple program I can use which will easily convert text to 12 ribbon text -- that would be even better.  Thanks again.

You have a Pro level license.  Assuming you are using S4 as your profile shows, you can use Pixel Editor which should do text very easily.  I assume you don't have SuperStar (which is how I would do it in S4).  I don't have S4 on anything anymore and S4 can't do anything with S5 files or I could whip something up for you.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

You have a Pro level license.  Assuming you are using S4 as your profile shows, you can use Pixel Editor which should do text very easily.  I assume you don't have SuperStar (which is how I would do it in S4).  I don't have S4 on anything anymore and S4 can't do anything with S5 files or I could whip something up for you.

Thank you.  I am licensed to upgrade to version 5+, but have been reluctant as I am still using a reliable dedicated laptop for the LOR light system and unfortunately it is using Vista and it can't be upgraded.  I know I need to purchase a new laptop but I missed the Black Friday deals last year.  My desktop is powerful, but I don't want to use it as I need it for my work.  I may need to break down and purchase a new laptop...   I do have a Superstar license up to 16 channels.  I forgot I purchased it when I built the 12 ribbon mega tree.  I was envisioning upgrading that eventually also.  I guess I will need to do some quick studying on the super star software over the next week.  Thank you for your response. 

Thank you James - I have adapted it and it will go live tonight!

Please stay safe and healthy!

Shayne

I have made a lms sequence for it it is angle of mercy the pixel tree is finished also no faces yet

James, my e-mail is dawursk@gmail.com.   THANK YOU!

Also, I have been working on programming one using Superstar (my first one)!   I would love to forward it to you for your opinion.

If the mosquitos would leave me alone for 3 mins I would record and post it. Unfortunately that's not happening any time soon.

Everyone be safe

JR

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If the mosquitos would leave me alone for 3 mins I would record and post it. Unfortunately that's not happening any time soon.

Everyone be safe

JR

Sounds like you need to visit a store and buy a couple cans of Deep Woods Off or some type of DEET insect repellent.   I have a drainage ditch directly behind my house and it's a haven for those darn pests.   So I always have some insect repellent on hand for that, as well as the flea infestation our yard gets, which sometimes infests our home too.  But I have Victor flea traps for that,

I have Victor Flea Traps as well as organic non-chemical sprays for the carpets and the cats, so that helps.

I hate working outside in Florida because no matter what time of year it is, we **always** have mosquitoes flying around.

11 hours ago, Orville said:

Sounds like you need to visit a store and buy a couple cans of Deep Woods Off or some type of DEET insect repellent.   I have a drainage ditch directly behind my house and it's a haven for those darn pests.   So I always have some insect repellent on hand for that, as well as the flea infestation our yard gets, which sometimes infests our home too.  But I have Victor flea traps for that,

I have Victor Flea Traps as well as organic non-chemical sprays for the carpets and the cats, so that helps.

I hate working outside in Florida because no matter what time of year it is, we **always** have mosquitoes flying around.

Yeah I was unprepared and being the mosquito's are not a big problem during "normal" holiday set ups had totally forgotten about them until a couple days ago. Even three weeks ago when I put up the first prop they were not a big deal. But the past couple of days they have been relentless. Since Im not going to the store just for the repellent I figured I would try Clorox. Last night while BBQing the smoke kept them at bay but it would be very difficult to roll the grill around with me during setup and recording. 

JR

On 4/6/2020 at 10:53 PM, dibblejr said:

Everyone be safe

JR

TRY buying some Bifen XTS or just some Bifenthrin 7.9 and spray around your place. it works GREAT for me. our neighbors get carried off.... we dont!

On 4/8/2020 at 6:29 PM, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

TRY buying some Bifen XTS or just some Bifenthrin 7.9 and spray around your place. it works GREAT for me. our neighbors get carried off.... we dont!

Could have recorded tonight with wind the mosquitoes would be gone. Will try tomorrow if I can remember.

JR

• 8 months later...
  • The topic was locked