Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 and 16 and jumpers

indi

I just got my pixie controllers a Pixie 8 and a Pixie 16. I am stetting them up with the power supply. I was reading the user manual and it was talking about putting jumpers on J2, J3 and J5. I am not sure what these jumpers do. I plan on nothing fancy, just rgb light strings and they will be daisy chained together. I know my AC 16 channel controllers have a jumper, but it came already attached.

Do these jumpers need to be in place for the controllers to work?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, indi said:

I just got my pixie controllers a Pixie 8 and a Pixie 16. I am stetting them up with the power supply. I was reading the user manual and it was talking about putting jumpers on J2, J3 and J5. I am not sure what these jumpers do. I plan on nothing fancy, just rgb light strings and they will be daisy chained together. I know my AC 16 channel controllers have a jumper, but it came already attached.

Do these jumpers need to be in place for the controllers to work?

Thanks

All those have SPECIAL uses and are not used by basic uses (J5), J 2 and 3 are Input options (like button triggers)

JP 4 IS ONLY set on the Last on the network (Terminates the LOR network wit 120 ohms 👍 )

SO I am going to use these on network AUX B and the pixie 8 will be the last controller. Do I need to use the J4 jumper?

Thanks

3 hours ago, indi said:

SO I am going to use these on network AUX B and the pixie 8 will be the last controller. Do I need to use the J4 jumper?

Thanks

3 hours ago, indi said:

Thanks

Do not use the jumpers to set the unit ID

That has and will always be my advice.

This way you do not have to open the box up if you ever need to change the unit I’d.

If you happen to mount them in an attic like I do then you have to go through all sorts of hoops to get to them.

Turn all pins off and use HU to assign unit IDs.

That is covered in my extensive How to Configure Pixie controllers stickies at the top of the General Hardware section of the forums.

Video is shorter than the read.

JR 

• The topic was locked