Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone on here doing this? By the time I get mine back up it'll hopefully be over...

MichRX7

This was just on the tonights 6:00 news.

If I want a divorce I can do it!

Actually the more I think about this the more cons I come up with.

As the sun starts shining longer, its ultraaviolet rays would play havoc on everything.

If we were lucky enough, the coronavirus would be history by the time I could get 1/2 dozen or so non-xmas songs sequenced up.

Let alone another month to setup everything.

Can't figure out how I would deal with the grass mowing.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I love the idea, but it won't be happening at Lake Victoria Lights.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Pursel said:

As the sun starts shining longer, its ultraaviolet rays would play havoc on everything.

If we were lucky enough, the coronavirus would be history by the time I could get 1/2 dozen or so non-xmas songs sequenced up.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I love the idea, but it won't be happening at Lake Victoria Lights.

I’m scaled way down.

Matrix and house lights and my newly created RGB bulbs next week.

I have a huge front yard as well so I placed the props on the house side of my sidewalk where my lawn care folks don’t have to cut.

I just can’t see putting everything up, the pollen will kill me.

My community lives the idea and a few others jumped on the bandwagon.

Im giving away thousands of brand new LED lights to people who want to join in so I am sure more will stop by.

That forces me to convert all of my faces to RGB as well as my MT. In 2021 I may finish.

JR

Hi JR,

If I known you lived in Bham, I would have swung by to help you out.   Just got home a couple of hours ago.  We were on I-65 and just went through there yesterday morning on the way back here to Michigan......  : )   Of course had I really stopped by, I would have had to get an attorney for that before mentioned divorce.

Dave

12 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

Luckily (or not so much) I gave the mouse all my money the last full week of February so we are good for a bit. I see you are in Bradenton. I lived half my life there as my grandparents moved there when I was 7 and my parents were school teachers so we were in Bradenton for Christmas break, spring break and all of summer. After college I lived in Sarasota for a few years before getting pulled back into the black hole that is Michigan. My grandparents lived just blocks from the high school.

What school did they teach at?

21 minutes ago, Dave Pursel said:

Hi JR,

If I known you lived in Bham, I would have swung by to help you out.   Just got home a couple of hours ago.  We were on I-65 and just went through there yesterday morning on the way back here to Michigan......  : )   Of course had I really stopped by, I would have had to get an attorney for that before mentioned divorce.

Dave

LOL- I’m about 3 miles off I- 65

i have plenty of room LOL

Once life gets back to normal and you go back this way stop in for a beverage. My family also has a gas station about 4 miles if I-65

JR

Well here's an interesting development since I posted my last comment.

Along the same lines as what appears to be a movement of sorts.  Per the television newscast tonight anyway.

which is linked to with this https://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending/coronavirus-people-string-up-christmas-lights-brighten-dark-times-covid-19-pandemic/OUVIRHKOGJCWDDPG5QBBOQQ474/  as example

or google search       tonights national newcast coronavirus christmas lights

I just received a phone call from the owner of a local ice cream shop, She want to fill the parking lot with cars (probably in the hopes she'll sell some ice cream) and show a outdoor movie on a big blowup screen to help people get their minds off the coronavirus. 

She contact me as she wants help in setting up a fm transmitter to send the sound track out to the cars.  I wouldn't give her my FM-30B to use since it's irreplaceable, but do have a spare FM transmitter.

Dave.

13 hours ago, Dave Pursel said:

Hahaha, but at least I finally found the closest person to me so far. 40 miles to Laingsburg, I'll have to come see your lights this holiday season.

I have permanent lights on my eaves, so I am running them every night.  No music, just animated pastels for Easter.

• The topic was locked