Light-O-Rama Forums

Driveway pour Four hours in three minutes

ItsMeBobO

Only a slight connection to lights.   I signed a contract for a new driveway in September with company saying they could do it soon.    Well they missed soon and wanted to do it after I already had wires across the old driveway.   Wires were too low for trucks to get under.  Had to push install into spring. 

• Like 3

Hope they don't charge by the hour as they would be losing money. I have never seen a crew move that fast before and under 5 minutes to lay a driveway. Impressive!

Can I hire them? 🤣

Impressive! Seemed like all the trucks showed exactly on time.

Wish I had done a video of the guys that hung 130 sheets of drywall in my basement and cleaned up in 10 hours. But you probably wouldn't have seen much through all the dust.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:47 PM, gsmith37064 said:

Hope they don't charge by the hour as they would be losing money. I have never seen a crew move that fast before and under 5 minutes to lay a driveway. Impressive!

Can I hire them? 🤣

we had a crew here, you would have thought it was a NASCAR pit stop.  They prepped the area the night before and then bright and early Saturday morning boom!  An hour or so later they were gone.  They weren't here for no longer than 10-15 minutes when the cement trucks showed up.

Looks really nice.  Mind if I ask how much it cost?  I'm curious because I'm thinking of extending our driveway sideways towards our house so we can park 2 cars there, and having a sidewalk installed from the driveway to our front porch.  The amount of concrete that would we'd need to be poured is about the same size as your driveway.  How long did you have to wait until you could park on it?

On 3/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

Only a slight connection to lights.   I signed a contract for a new driveway in September with company saying they could do it soon.    Well they missed soon and wanted to do it after I already had wires across the old driveway.   Wires were too low for trucks to get under.  Had to push install into spring. 

They did a fantastic job. Looks like a hard working crew.

JR

On 3/15/2020 at 3:55 AM, Speedster said:

Looks really nice.  Mind if I ask how much it cost?  I'm curious because I'm thinking of extending our driveway sideways towards our house so we can park 2 cars there, and having a sidewalk installed from the driveway to our front porch.  The amount of concrete that would we'd need to be poured is about the same size as your driveway.  How long did you have to wait until you could park on it?

We are still waiting!    They wanted a full seven nights so that is Wednesday I can use it.     My drive can hold four cars   19' wide and 33' long.     Since this was a tear out and haul away I dont think the price will compare.  

• 2 weeks later...

Another timelapse.  Continuing house upgrades.       Now with a new roof I have to figure out how to mount my roof sign.

Yep, might have been a great time to have some anchors put it.  Sure goes faster with a large crew.  I remember spending a week or so roofing my house many years ago.  The plus side was it gave me a justification to buy a roofing nailer to go along with my framing nailer....

Did it rain there for a while or was that sun glare?

Oh yes it rained on and off for 45 min.  He claimed it would rain tops 10 min and would cover roof before I gave him ok to start.    

We got many yellow spots on the ceiling since there were no shingles and some sheets were being replaced.   Roofer was already paid in full but says to send him a bill.  😅  We will see,  painting ceilings in five rooms won't be cheap.

StainDining.jpg

StainBed1.jpg

StainFamily2.jpg

StainFamily.jpg

On 3/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

StainFamily.jpg

Almost looks like a shoe print from someone's work boot.

• The topic was locked