Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling D-light from LOR

building2

I just bought the LOR software to operate my AC-16 D-light controller because Spectrum was terrible and Aurora is not much better (in my opinion). The problem I am having is no light output. I can test my controller using the D-light HW utility but it won't test using the LOR HW utility. I get a steady LED but thats as far as it goes. Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. I am also very new at this (this is my second year, year one didn't go so well);)

I am guessing you are trying to control the lights via the Sequence Editor. If that is the case, make sure the program has the right comm port selected and also make sure that you have "Control Lights" checked off. I believe the control lights option is under the "Play" menu.

I just reread what you typed and I didn't answer what you asked. I see your trying to use the HU from LOR. Do you get a steady light with the LOR HU or only the d-Light HU? What version of the HU are you using?

Since the status LED is steady, you have the correct comm port and the HWU's speed of 19,200 bps is acceptable to the DL board. Try typing the unit ID assigned to the DL board into the "Select Unit" box (to the right of the refresh button.) Then try testing the board.

building2 wrote:

I'm using Version 1.6.6 of the HW utility. I get a solid LED from both D-light and LOR utilites.

If you are using S2 you need to update the HU to version 2 also.

You will find it on the LOR site.

Have you checked in the sequence editor, click on channel 1 & when the channel settings box comes up make sure you have the device type checked to the correct controler. Hope this maybe your problem.

Mike

I'm using a D-light controller (AC-16) and since there is no selection for it I have set it for an LOR controller. I don't know if that's correct or not.

That is probablly what your problem is the controler is not correct. Go to the LOR website & look under Q&A or emsil support direct & they will tell you what to check for a contrller.

Mike

I have used the LOR HWU v2.0.16 with both a LOR & DL USB adapter (DL USB485 v2.) I can control the DL controller with either adapter, but I have to type the Unit ID of the DL controller into the box to the right of the Refresh button manually.

When you type in the Unit ID, I mean to type simply a '1' or '2' or whatever without the quotes.

If you have the same setup with a DL adapter, then it should also work. If not, perhaps you have a different version of the DL adapter that does not work with LOR. Since the adapter works with the DL HWU it probably isn't broken. If you can borrow a LOR adapter, I would try that.

Failing that, it seems that your best bet is to contact DL. Many of their customers use LOR software so they would be more likely to know something.

I have tried typing in the unit number several times but it still doesn't work. I don't have access to a LOR adapter but I did order one from LOR today (I probably should have a spare anyway). I have a strong feeling that it may be the problem. Thanks very much to everyone that had input to my problem. I really appreciate the help.

Two of my boards are the D-Light boards... they work fine w/ the LOR software... you need to set-up the D-Light boards w/the D-Light HW utility and then control them with the LOR Sequencer/scheduling software... You can't use the the LOR HW utility to test them... hope that helps..

Dan

[align=left]Dan Dameron wrote: [/align]

Two of my boards are the D-Light boards... they work fine w/ the LOR software... you need to set-up the D-Light boards w/the D-Light HW utility and then control them with the LOR Sequencer/scheduling software... You can't use the the LOR HW utility to test them... hope that helps..

Dan

Dan:

I have no problem using the LOR HU to controll my D-light boards. LOR HU won't discover D-light boards but if you enter the unit #'s it works just fine.

Hmmmm... that's good to know... I read someplace that you had to use the D-Light HW utility for the D-Light boards... I guess I don't remember trying the LOR HW utility to test the D-Light boards... I'll have to try that sometime !!

Thanks !!