Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Node Singing Tree

gsmith37064

Does anyone have a prop file for a pixel node singing tree? It needs to have the 5 mouth movement. Bulb count does not matter as I can adjust to fit my prop.

I built a test singing pixel bulb. This is the initial 1st draft and will clean it up as it looks rough.

Tossed on some quick effects to see if the little guy would change colors correctly. Pixel by pixel... pretty neat. Should allow for some interesting effects.

I made a pixel singing tree that uses 6 mouth positions and smart pixels for the eyes and outline. Here is a short video I hope will play showing some of the effects I can do. This was the test I did with S5

9 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

If anyone wants the model for S5. Let me know.

Next on my list is the singing tree.

I'll take a copy. Send to ebrown1972@nwcable.net please.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

I made a pixel singing tree that uses 6 mouth positions and smart pixels for the eyes and outline. Here is a short video I hope will play showing some of the effects I can do. This was the test I did with S5

Can't get to the video. I don't use Facebook.

30 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

I'll take a copy. Send to ebrown1972@nwcable.net please.

Thanks

You got mail.

I have the singing tree outline and eyes done. I will send you that one as soon as I done with it.

Edited by gsmith37064

49 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Can't get to the video. I don't use Facebook.

let's try this one. this shows the happy tree and Angry tree. I can also make it blink or wink. 

36 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I would like a copy of the singing tree. Please send to colley.christmas@gmail.com

Thanks!

You got mail.

@Box on Rails

How many nodes are the eyes? Is it built as a custom prop?

I like the angry look!!

I think I can make the bulb look like a ghost.

Will play around with the eyes and see if can get them angry. It does not have all the eye nodes like the singing tree does, but it can blink each eye as well.

Edited by gsmith37064

It is a custom prop. I can send you the Prop file. and I can send you a preview with just that prop. The eyes are a little tricky to work because each node is a smart node so when the eyes are open normal the nodes that make the angry eyes are off and when they blink a large portion are not on. what I could do is send you the Scary Christmas sequence with just the singing tree preview, then you could look at it in S5. The Physical Prop is a Holidaycoro RGB pixel tree. I run the mouth channels with a CMB24 and the outline of the tree uses a CCP I. I only use 96 pixels for the outline. the eyes are a little more tricky. I use a CCP 1 but only one string. each eye uses 48 nodes for a total of 96 for both eyes. I do all my own lip syncing using Papagayu so there are no generic sequences out there for this prop. I'll send the file to your email now. 

Kenny Jure My email Is kwjure@gmail.com

8 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

I would like a copy of the singing tree. Please send to colley.christmas@gmail.com

Thanks!

Vince I sent you the whole shebang. I thought it was going to Greg but I picked up your email from his quoting you. If you can use it great. enjoy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

It is a custom prop. I can send you the Prop file. and I can send you a preview with just that prop. The eyes are a little tricky to work because each node is a smart node so when the eyes are open normal the nodes that make the angry eyes are off and when they blink a large portion are not on. what I could do is send you the Scary Christmas sequence with just the singing tree preview, then you could look at it in S5. The Physical Prop is a Holidaycoro RGB pixel tree. I run the mouth channels with a CMB24 and the outline of the tree uses a CCP I. I only use 96 pixels for the outline. the eyes are a little more tricky. I use a CCP 1 but only one string. each eye uses 48 nodes for a total of 96 for both eyes. I do all my own lip syncing using Papagayu so there are no generic sequences out there for this prop. I'll send the file to your email now. 

Kenny Jure My email Is kwjure@gmail.com

My current singing trees are all dumb RGB. I am trying to replace all of that with smart nodes this year. Not sure what all I do with it, but it will be fun to find out.

I am going to sit down this weekend and try to get the singing bulb to look like a ghost. If I can get the threads to look wavy with a white/black chase effect, it may look like it's floating.

As for the eyes, I am thinking that I may need to drill more holes in the eyes to add more nodes like the singing tree. Then I could get angry eyes on it really easy. Right now the eyes are very limited.

13 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

let's try this one. this shows the happy tree and Angry tree. I can also make it blink or wink. 

Which cubes are you using for those presents in the front??  Nice work on the tree!

@Box on Rails

Finished the smart pixel singing tree prop and thought I would try to make it look like a ghost.

The first part is his feet/sheet moving

Second part is the whole sheet flowing

3rd part is his eyes running blood

This was quick and dirty but gives me some ideas for when I do halloween.

https://youtu.be/pBMQhyXX0eU

Edited by gsmith37064