Light-O-Rama Forums

Option on LOR adapters

indi

I changed all my black adapters to the red adapters. However I plan on adding more pixel eliminates to my show this year and was wondering the following:

Can I run 6 ea.  CTB16PC and 2ea.  CMB24D  controllers from the same black adapter. (all are daisy chained)

I want to use the red adapter I have for the new pixel props.

Thanks

Depends on what generation of the AC controllers you have.

Also depending on what pixel controllers you have , you will be limited to how many of those you can connect to 1 red connector.

JR

The 8 dumb devices you list  should run fin at the upper end (115K) of that black adapter

BUT you really should keep a SPARE adapter (Red works any place a Black does), just in case :o

As dibblejr said. Depends on how many smart nodes you are (plan on) running.Since you did not list Existing Pixies, we will assume any new LOR item you WILL get, will run in Enhanced mode.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

All my CTB16PC's are Gen. 3's. I won't be using smart pixels and just 2ea. CMB24 controllers and the 6ea. CTB16PC's.

Right now I am using the red adapter for the above, but I am want to take that red adapter and use it on another network. And run the AC controllers and the CMB24's on a black adapter that I currently own. 

Thanks

10 minutes ago, indi said:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

All my CTB16PC's are Gen. 3's. I won't be using smart pixels and just 2ea. CMB24 controllers and the 6ea. CTB16PC's.

Right now I am using the red adapter for the above, but I am want to take that red adapter and use it on another network. And run the AC controllers and the CMB24's on a black adapter that I currently own. 

Thanks

I don’t have a cmb24 but as long as they don’t require ELOR the black adapter should suffice. As long as the network doesn’t have more pixels that LOR recommends.

The AC controller # really will not affect them, almost negligible.

JR

4 hours ago, indi said:

Can I run 6 ea.  CTB16PC and 2ea.  CMB24D  controllers from the same black adapter. (all are daisy chained)

That is a max of 144 channels.  No problem on a black adapter.  Even at 56K speed you would be really hard pressed to choke the network with 144 channels.  The old rule of thumb was 900 channels on a 115K network.  The black adapter will work up to 115K (and sometimes to 500K).  It will work on either an Enhanced or non-enhanced LOR network, so you are 100% good to go with the eight controllers listed.  If the listed controllers are all Gen-3 (and you said they are), you have the option of Enhanced or Non-Enhanced networking - the USB adapter does not care.

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked