Light-O-Rama Forums

What level is required for singing trees?

Tman49

I was thinking about the LOR singing trees. Will they work on my Basic Plus license? If yes is the answer, do I just need a pixie controller connected to a LOR controller? Thanks for your time.

I will preface this with the following:  I have never even looked at the LOR web page for the singing trees before, so take what I say carefully...

Both questions depend on how you plan on lighting them.  It appears that they can be set up to emulate dumb RGB in which case it is only a few channels and would work with your Basic Plus license (provided you are not already fully using your license).  It can also operate fully smart pixel mode in which case (I think) it would use two controller IDs and may therefore push your Basic Plus license level since it only supports 4 controller IDs.

A lot of this is speculation...

46 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I will preface this with the following:  I have never even looked at the LOR web page for the singing trees before, so take what I say carefully...

Both questions depend on how you plan on lighting them.  It appears that they can be set up to emulate dumb RGB in which case it is only a few channels and would work with your Basic Plus license (provided you are not already fully using your license).  It can also operate fully smart pixel mode in which case (I think) it would use two controller IDs and may therefore push your Basic Plus license level since it only supports 4 controller IDs.

A lot of this is speculation...

Thanks for your reply Jim. Currently I have 2 controllers. The trees have 8 channels. I would use dumb RGB effects. I could create my own faces w/5 or 6 ch. However, I'd use LED lights. I like the idea of being able to control the color w/LOR trees. Last year was my first LOR display. So I'm in the planning stage for next season. It kinda boils down to $ to buy the LOR vs. time to create something.

It appears the trees are plug and play. The only thing to be concerned with is sequencing them. That could take a while. 

Edited by Tman49