Light-O-Rama Forums

Show times for Halloween

MichRX7

For those of you who are running shows for Halloween, what is your schedule like? We are thinking of a show at my son-in-law's house because he gets a lot of trick-or-treaters (where my house might get 3) since they are in a sub-division. Do you run it nightly the whole month of October? Just a few days?

I was thinking the 2 weeks leading up to Halloween, but wondered what others did. The nice thing is the lights will all be on the house for Christmas.

Edited by MichRX7

I turn on oct 1 I use 37 songs a night every night you will not see the same song I use 350 sequences show goes on at 6.30 intell 9.30 take down day after Halloween start putting up christmas

I like to run my Halloween show to get 3 weekends in before October 31st.  Like James, take down starts the next day for Christmas.

When I was doing Halloween I had 67 songs, played every night from October 1 through Oct. 31.  Since the DST stuff got moved, it doesn't get dark here until around/almost 8pm at times, so I usually ran mine from 7:30pm-10pm Sun-Thur and 7:30-11pm Fri/Sat.  Halloween Night it ran until Midnight,

But doing both Halloween and Christmas is now too much for me.   So now it's only Christmas for me, and this year I'm creating an after Christmas show that'll start on the 26th of Dec.

Also for Halloween I had a lot more songs that played in the off hours times as well.   I think had around 300-500 Halloween themed type songs, perhaps even more.  I lost count somewhere around 500.  Do the same for Christmas, but don't think I have up to that many Christmas Songs yet {but I might, haven't counted them lately!}

21:00 was Show OFF time. I need my beauty sleep and I sure don't need monsters at the door after 9. I get Grouchier 😕

The day after is rip out the stuff that does not get used for Christmas and store that.

Next, I adjust placements of some controllers and retrieve Xmas props from storage and start by testing each in a place where repairs are easier ;) before hauling them out to the yard.

• 8 months later...

I only use like 10 or 11 sequences. The little ones come out while the sun is still setting here so about 5Pm or so, I start the show. 9Pm, its done and I shut it down. As for prior to Halloween night, I'll run the show quietly for a couple of hours only. All waterproof props are out for a week before Halloween but the animatronics can't go out till Halloween day itself, if no rain. Two years ago, it rained so they didn't go out at all. We get easily about a thousand people in this neighborhood as people come from all over, to see all of the homes here. My GF didn't believe me about the number of people till her first Halloween here herself. She's a believer now! Many are decorated very nicely!

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I did exactly what you were thinking, “the last two weeks leading up to Halloween” however, that was only because I didn’t have all of my stuff done... I live in a very small town that is 20 minutes from everywhere. I may have had 15cars come last Halloween. For me, running the show 31 days in October will be overkill to the number of visitors that I have.. i will most likely be doing the same this year... I will just start advertising right now. Right now I’m probably going to shoot for October 15th. my song list will be a good bit longer by another 2 weeks also.... I have to work the last 10 nights of the month of October too.  I personally will not get to see much of it period.

I do a Halloween "show" in the traditional sense.  The only thing that is added to the year round landscape lighting is the GECE lights on the eves and roofline.  i have about a 5 minute animation sequence that is most some fades and chases that I run for a about a week prior to Halloween.  For Halloween night, I have the same animation sequence playing, but also about a dozen musical sequences with various Halloween music.  Those sequences have no lighting at all, so the result is just the same animation sequences on the lights, with music playing.  That runs from 5:00 PM till 9:00 PM.  After that the house goes back to the the year round landscape lighting..  The next weekend (or next day this year because Halloween is Saturday), the Christmas show setup starts.

Typically my show starts Oct 1 however due to S5 I am now hoping to get something going by 15 Oct. First time in 10 years I have missed 1 Oct. Not like I waited until the last minute. I have been trying to get Halloween right in S5 since my S5 covide show ran smooth as butter. I started trying to transfer S4 sequences to S5 a month ago. I did add 2 monster singing trees and am trying to add my converted LED to RGB singing pumpkins but thats not going very well with custom props.

I am hoping this will work with the latest release.

My show runs 5pm - 9 pm M-T and 5 pm - 10 pm F-S.

Halloween night 11 pm cutoff.

Day after Halloween the HAlloween props are taken down and the Christmas props start to go up.

JR

• 2 weeks later...

The S5 conversion suxs!  Working on Xmas and hoping to maybe sneak in something for Halloween but at this point, I doubt. it.

MY