Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation of Mega Tree

airborneSRT

How does everyone animate their mega trees? I want to add 2 smaller 8 channel spiral/mega trees and one 15' 16 channel mega/spiral tree(red/green/white) with 12 channels of white spiral. Is it possible to animate them? any pictures and or explanations would help. Thanks

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Please update your profile because if you are still using a Standard license you are not going to animate anything.

You can animate with the free demo version. The attached pic, shows with the little movie strip, it pulls up the animation window. That is the animation I was intending to be used.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7hdjyxsegxwx9f/animation image.JPG?dl=0

50 minutes ago, airborneSRT said:

You can animate with the free demo version. The attached pic, shows with the little movie strip, it pulls up the animation window. That is the animation I was intending to be used.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7hdjyxsegxwx9f/animation image.JPG?dl=0

The point is with all those pixel trees that you are wanting to run a Standard license will not run all those pixels. First you will need to upgrade to a Pro license to run those pixels and that will also give you access to PE which will help with the animations.

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The point is with all those pixel trees that you are wanting to run a Standard license will not run all those pixels. First you will need to upgrade to a Pro license to run those pixels and that will also give you access to PE which will help with the animations.

It would appear that the OP is not asking about pixel based trees, but rather traditional string based trees.  So depending on what else is in his display, the Standard license may be fine.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:08 PM, Mr. P said:

I guess the word "ANIMATION" threw me off then. You must be talking sequencing.

yes, in the Sequence Editor the little animation strip. I can do it all in visualizer, but i was hoping to be able to draw it in the editor for ease of use.

28 minutes ago, airborneSRT said:

yes, in the Sequence Editor the little animation strip. I can do it all in visualizer, but i was hoping to be able to draw it in the editor for ease of use.

Mine is drawn inside of SE. I am still running S4 though. Click my youtube link shown below and you can see my animation screen in action.

The down side is that you have to draw each bulb/node if you have pixels. Takes some time but makes it easy to view. All you do is design it, then export the channel config out. When you start a new song, just import the config and your animation follows you. I think you are normal lights so it should be easy to draw your setup. Also your animation will move over to S5 as I have already tested mine and it worked great.

NOTE: Keep in mind that the location you draw the prop at, cannot be moved inside of the animation screen. So make sure you have your prop right where you want it. If you want to move it, you have to redraw it.

Edited by gsmith37064

thanks gsmith, I drew something similiar, I was wondering how people drew it in SE. I was planning on doing a 64 ch mega tree, so it would have many legs. I did a simple box of 16 channel legs of the 3 different colors (traditional LEDs no pixels) and the spirals on it too, and a 3d star ontop.

the attached pic has how I drew the proposed 3 trees. They are all different. To the left is like what you showed, the middle one is the 64 channel with red, green, white, white spirals, strobes and a 3d star; and all the way to the right is the same as the left tree but as a square tree

trees.JPG